What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

threads.

holy shit.

excuse me while i go and die of depression.

...would be what i would be saying if i hadn't had a bill bailey dvd to watch afterwards. but i still felt like death and had nightmares last night.

Super Dexta said:
threads.

holy shit.

excuse me while i go and die of depression.

...would be what i would be saying if i hadn't had a bill bailey dvd to watch afterwards. but i still felt like death and had nightmares last night.

you were warned
threads is probably the most upsetting thing i've ever seen

george mcfly said:
you were warned
threads is probably the most upsetting thing i've ever seen
i know. i like upsetting things though, i'm glad i bought it. but jesus christ.

i also watched the refused dvd. it wasn't bad.

kirstie said:

please tell me that's not
richey40.jpg

The Man Who Knew Too Much.

not hitchcock's best, it goes without saying. i had to force myself to watch the damn thing in the hope that it would get better. it didn;t

over the weekend:

The New Guy - wierd very-low-budget comedy/thriller/horror. Entertaining. Felt like a short that was dragged out to feature length.
The Beautiful Country - really enjoyed this.
Stoned - Brian Jones biopic. Pretty poor.

New York Doll

I liked it. slightly mormon propagandist. but the change in his eyes following the gig showed a man who was happy in where he was going.

Transamerica. Liked it a lot, good to see a challenging film like that make it to the cinema. Yer one off desperate housewives was absolutely brilliant but i couldn't shake the feeling that (a) it was played for laughs at times when the lines could have been delivered straight to much more dramatic effect and (b) people will see it as "if a woman challenges the idea of femininity (a la "Monster") she'll get an oscar", which is what i've heard from some quarters. Not that i largely disagree, it's good to see a film that messes with gender ideas like that reach a wider audience, but i think it's a bit silly to just start shouting "oscar".

where the buffalo roam

Film about Hunter S. Thompson, played by Bill Murray(1980). Never heard of it before I picked it up in Laser. Bit hard to get used to Thompson being played by someone that isnt Johnny Depp but Bill does a v good job. A lot more understated then Fear and Loathing but it still has some classic moments. Bit similar to Fear and...... in that a lot of the same sort of stuff is covered ie: hitch-hicker, thrashed hotel room, and general drug consumption through-out. Has an interesting sub plot thingy with his lawyer. Well worth a watch.

also watched Dig, but I pressume someone else has written about that, for what its worth I thought the music was mediocre/shite but the film was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back