What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

saw transamerica yesterday..different to what id thought it would be but still really good..but im about to officially give up on ugc..pile of 14 year olds came in, sat down the back an porceeded to shout and make comments every time felicity huffman talked..absolute pain in the gee..but yeah id recommend it..its not like ultra-heavy or anythin which i was kinda expectin...|..|

revisited a few old favourites: william friedkin's film version of harold pinter's amazing headfuck drama "the birthday party". fucking amazing. "knowing me knowing you with alan partridge"... headslapping? "frasier" series one.

new things seen (not movies really, but howandever): "league of gentlemen christmas special" and "curb your enthusiasm" series three. fantastic stuff.

The devils rejects: Alright, not as good as the reviews round here
led me to believe. The brother and sister firefly people were really shit actors I thought. The music and the Psycho "Gods flaming sword of justice" sheriff were pretty good.

Primer: Excellent. Highly recommended. Some really fuckin funny lines in there too. Brilliant Mind warp.

devil's rejects is the best horror movie of the last 6 years (obviously i'm the only person that thinks this, but i am right)

i watched - hostel - piece of shit
revenge of the nerds - amazing

ICUH8N said:
Beavis and Butthead do America

Seminal.

huhuhuh-uh-huhuh. I said seminal. huhuhuh
i wanted to watch that, but the man with the remote wasn't having any of it. i think we ended up watching the o.c. or something instead, and there was a sufjan stevens song on it, and i died a little inside.

Super Dexta said:
i wanted to watch that, but the man with the remote wasn't having any of it. i think we ended up watching the o.c. or something instead, and there was a sufjan stevens song on it, and i died a little inside.

Pricks

Syriana: Good enough. Nice clooney torture scene. When will hollywood
ever get a fat actor to play a fat role instead of ramming pasta down a
movie stars throat and handing them an oscar.

A history of violence: Quite good. Really simple story with some nicely twisted emotional areas. Some great nose smashed into brain action.

Life is a Miracle - Kusturica could make a film of the Iarnród Éireann timetable and it would be full of love, alcohol and wildlife...I found LiaM very enjoyable to watch, but it relied too much on ideas we've seen before from Kusturica. I also had problems with his portrayal of the Yugoslav civil war as an almost humorous inconvenience (we don't see anyone die in the war and hardly anyone seems to suffer much).

The Fifth Element - hadn't seen this before. Lots of fun - besides the plot, and the acting, and the overdidactic script...

Tomorrow I'm going to see Army in the Shadows, which I'm looking forward to lots.

Saw "Inside Man" at the theater...is this out over there yet? pretty decent film, Spike Lee directing, good plot, good acting by Owen but Denzel steals the show.

watched most of "cruising" before i passed
so good! i gotta see the rest of this

cruising_1980_image.jpg

Cruisingst2.jpg

i want to have sex with a man now - great soundtrack too - the germs!

GORILLAMUNCH said:
watched most of "cruising" before i passed
so good! i gotta see the rest of this

cruising_1980_image.jpg

Cruisingst2.jpg

i want to have sex with a man now - great soundtrack too - the germs!

hahahawould like to see you explaining searching for those pictures!
search terms: "cruising" "heavy leather" "al pacino"

"yellow bandana in your left pocket means you want to piss on someone, in your right pocket it means you want to be pissed on"
amazing film

Watched primer for the second time last night after some internet research
to clear some things up. Even better with some more understanding.
Supremely taut. It's great when smart people make smart films.

Lord Damian said:
Saw "Inside Man" at the theater...is this out over there yet? pretty decent film, Spike Lee directing, good plot, good acting by Owen but Denzel steals the show.
Super Dexta said:
yesterday me and the mammy went to see inside man purely because clive owen is in it. the bastard wears a mask for 99% of the film. but is still el swoonio hugio. it turned out to be a pretty good film too - not too clever but not too stupid either.

then we went back to my flat and i put on the warriors and we argued the whole way through it.

i watched steam boy last night.

thought it was very good, but not great. some of the dialogue/exposition-y bits were a bit off, but maybe something was lost in translation. the action sequences are phenomenal. must watch it again some time with subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back