What movie did you watch last night? (25 Viewers)

The Flash. There's a good film in there somewhere but it's way too long and the special effects gave me a bit of a headache. And it would've been cool if the Michael Keaton as Batman combat sequences were more 'real', like Batman 1989, instead of being more CGI nonsense.

The Flash. There's a good film in there somewhere but it's way too long and the special effects gave me a bit of a headache. And it would've been cool if the Michael Keaton as Batman combat sequences were more 'real', like Batman 1989, instead of being more CGI nonsense.

This is the kindest review I've seen of it.

Late Night With The Devil
Really good, I was all tense and stressed thinking I shouldn't have gone, I'm vulnerable to this kind of thing
It went badly off the rails right at the end, as horror films inevitably do. If they just cut at the bit where the possessed girl's head split in two and she was radiating demonic electricity and melted the asshole conjurer from the inside out and Jack legged it out the stage door it would have been class

it was all sorts of amazing. But also quite shocking. Though I knew nothing of it before watching. I actually thought it might be a kids movie. That, it aint.
My wife saw it in the cinema and her first words were basically: “It’s great, Emma Stone just rides her way across the world.”

Late Night With The Devil .. cheap n cheerful!

got baked beforehand

Roadhouse ..laughably bad but we enjoyed it

The Delinquents. Argentinian lads make a deal to rob a bank, robber will do 3.5 years in jail then meet the other lad that is holding the money for him. It's complicated, and of course gets even more complicated throughout the course of the near 3 hours, but it's very good and has an amazin soundtrack.

Dune 2 - thought this was class and I was excited for the next one at the end. Would've been nice to have seen the first one again in the cinema before it but I had to settle for watching it over the course of five nights on Netflix at home.

Made even more enjoyable by bringing a nice whiskey plus my own glass to the cinema to sip.

i watched the entire "to live and die in la" the other night after a couple of failed attempts. in the end it turned out to be a decent film. a noir in the style of miami vice

also watched coherence, which wasn't bad. i felt the acting was quite natural in it. the end was a bit corny though imo

The anderson tapes

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and for a few dollars more

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dream Scenario

I enjoyed it. The basic concept was great, but felt a bit half-baked in the movie, and left it looking cheap compared to the likes of Severance on TV. A lot “oh look” cameos too that felt like filler. But Nicolas Cage was fantastic in it, and that’s what you’re watching!

also watched coherence, which wasn't bad. i felt the acting was quite natural in it. the end was a bit corny though imo
the one about the comet? I know i liked that but i just read the synopsis on wikipedia and have no recollection of any of it.

Blood on satan's claw (1971)
On the recently reissued blu ray by 88 films. One of the (un)holy trinity of folk horror.
Demonic rituals and strange goings on start happening in a rural English village in the 1700s.
Good film. Atmospheric, looks great, cool soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back