What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

Finally got to watch Fury Road.

I really enjoyed it for what it was. Stunts were awesome. Guitar guy was wicked. Tom Hardy in a fecking mask again. Far enough removed from the original to be its own thing. A stand-alone action movies that clocks in at two hours.

Also, it explains a lot of the weird shit I've heard shouted at work over the last five years. "Witness Me!", "Fang It!", etc.

About half an hour in she says "Jesus, it's so violent". And she's not squeamish.
"Yeah, if that's how you feel don't watch the original".

Finally got to watch Fury Road.

I really enjoyed it for what it was. Stunts were awesome. Guitar guy was wicked. Tom Hardy in a fecking mask again. Far enough removed from the original to be its own thing. A stand-alone action movies that clocks in at two hours.

Also, it explains a lot of the weird shit I've heard shouted at work over the last five years. "Witness Me!", "Fang It!", etc.

About half an hour in she says "Jesus, it's so violent". And she's not squeamish.
"Yeah, if that's how you feel don't watch the original".
Was the original that violent? I only saw it after Fury Road and I’m struggling to remember much about it. I remember hardly anything happening and being really disappointed by how boring it was. Fury Road is great though, I’ve watched it a few times now which is rare for me.

Parasite for the second time. Still excellent.

Going to watch Vast Of Night now.

Tora, Tora, Tora. 1970s historically accurate? film on the lead up to the attack on pearl harbour. Really liked it.

As an aside, fuck the yanks for dropping 2 atomic bombs. Cunts ever acknowledged that? Maybe for a different thread.

Was the original that violent? I only saw it after Fury Road and I’m struggling to remember much about it. I remember hardly anything happening and being really disappointed by how boring it was. Fury Road is great though, I’ve watched it a few times now which is rare for me.

Such are things at the moment, I spent a bit of time thinking about this today. It was a very different type of grotesque unforgiving violence than anything I'd seen from a hollywood movie. People are supposed to be good in the future, like in Star Trek or whatever, I thought. But in Mad Max humans just get worse. Maybe that's what horrified me with the original, and her with Fury Road.

I however, was only about ten years old when I saw Mad Max. My older bro saying "It's only a fillum" didn't help.

Anyway, Fury Road, good craic.

The Shape of Water. A bit too "Amelie" for my tastes but still good. Lots more nudity and masturbation than I 'd expected.

The Droving. New indie "folk horror". Disappointing.

Such are things at the moment, I spent a bit of time thinking about this today. It was a very different type of grotesque unforgiving violence than anything I'd seen from a hollywood movie. People are supposed to be good in the future, like in Star Trek or whatever, I thought. But in Mad Max humans just get worse. Maybe that's what horrified me with the original, and her with Fury Road.

Yeah, I agree. I found it pretty disturbing when I saw it as a young fella. I think there was a rape scene by the side of the road early on that was just completely horrible. It was all very bleak and despairing (in my memory anyway). Much like The Road.

Fury Road on the other hand is all cartoonish violence .... which is why I'd happily watch it again .. the original on the other hand I could do without.

Tora, Tora, Tora. 1970s historically accurate? film on the lead up to the attack on pearl harbour. Really liked it.

As an aside, fuck the yanks for dropping 2 atomic bombs. Cunts ever acknowledged that? Maybe for a different thread.

Love Tora Tora Tora.

Japanese would have surrendered without the bombs, but they would probably have ended up surrendering to the Russians, and the Yanks couldn't stomach that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back