What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Late Night - grand, like, but all gets a bit too try-hard at the end.
Bombshell - I thought this was pretty good.
John Wick 3 - a masterpiece. I need to watch all 3 back to back... next one won't be out until 2022 now.

Blitz. London based cop film with Jason Statham. Kinda like a grittier movie version of the Bill.

Four lions on now. Very funny so far...

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom. Enjoyable nonsense but I have many, many questions about the cargo capacity of that ship and the size of James Cromwell's cellar.

Watched The Program on TG4 the other night, all about Lance Armstrong being a doping cheating bastard. Thought it was really good, I think it was well done and didn't really pull any punches. Meth Damon was great as Floyd Landis.
The only thing I would have loved it to have had was a mention of some of the other doctors that are helping people dope, like Dr Salazar and Mo "English now that he's won stuff but if he hadn't won would be an immigrant" Farah. Actually guess it would have been good if they'd had a go at Pat McQuaid too, the prick.
But yeah would watch again, fuck Armstrong forever.

Then last night there was a documentary film on RTE about domestiques, the riders in the teams that are the sacrificial lambs. The Floyd Landises haaa. Good film too, funny how it was on a day after the doper.

Velvet goldmine on filmfour last night. I remember a lot of hype about this when it was released in 1998. If I remember right it was seen as a failure, financially & artistically. I never got around to seeing it until this evening. It's obviously based on David Bowie's Ziggy period. A 70's glam rock super star is shot dead on stage. Later it turns out he faked his death & hasn't been seen since. 10 years later a journalist who was a teenage fan is sent to track him down. It's not bad. Similar to performance. Looks good, it has the clothes & the feel of the era down (I wasn't alive but it looks close). The band scenes are shot well. But it's too long. Thereare a lot of scenes that should have been left out. Like it starts in Dublin in 1854 & there's a spaceship....something to do with Oscar Wilde. I dunno.

Last edited:
Two nights, tow bad movies in a row

The Hunt.
Can something be both cack handed and ham fisted? It was like an overlong version of Black Mirror. The lead actor was good and it was nice to see another small role for Sturgill Simpson but it was just so poorly done. Doesn't every one know the fable of the tortoise and the hare? Doesn't everyone know the name Snowball is from Animal Farm?

How it Ends

An enjoyable enough cliche ridden post-apocalypse film, but how it ends? ....rubbish

Velvet goldmine on filmfour last night. I remember a lot of hype about this when it was released in 1998. If I remember right it was seen as a failure, financially & artistically. I never got around to seeing it until this evening. It's obviously based on David Bowie's Ziggy period. A 70's glam rock super star is shot dead on stage. Later it turns out he faked his death & hasn't been seen since. 10 years later a journalist who was a teenage fan is sent to track him down. It's not bad. Similar to performance. Looks good, it has the clothes & the feel of the era down (I wasn't alive but it looks close). The band scenes are shot well. But it's too long. Thereare a lot of scenes that should have been left out. Like it starts in Dublin in 1854 & there's a spaceship....something to do with Oscar Wilde. I dunno.
Oh I rewatched that a few years back. It's a mad film in retrospect isn't it? How it was clearly supposed to be a very imaginative biopic of Bowie but they couldn't get the rights. It looks very late 90s despite it's best attempts at looking 70s .

Two nights, tow bad movies in a row

The Hunt.
Can something be both cack handed and ham fisted? It was like an overlong version of Black Mirror. The lead actor was good and it was nice to see another small role for Sturgill Simpson but it was just so poorly done. Doesn't every one know the fable of the tortoise and the hare? Doesn't everyone know the name Snowball is from Animal Farm?

How it Ends

An enjoyable enough cliche ridden post-apocalypse film, but how it ends? ....rubbish
I think maybe the makers of how it ends were overly optimistic about their chances of making a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

• ilovehoovering
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back