What is a "normal" price for a monthly broadband bill? (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
I use it for work and streaming TV and my bill is @60 a month

Is that a lot?

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
I'd say sometimes. Right now with two of us working from home, two laptops and a PC & a few other devices connected it's not, but other times it'll be maxing out at 950 or so.

The day has finally come where i can physically get broadband.

Is 500mb/s connection gonna cut it for potentially two working at home and someone streaming mind numbing history documentaries?

seanc

Actually, while I'm here:I got a Sky subscription a few months ago. 18 month contract. £35/month. I no longer require it I don't think.

I remember my mum having a terrible time trying to renegotiate her Sky contract. But that was twenty years ago. Is there any hope I can cancel/pause it? Or will I just have to accept the fact that I'm paying for the whole length of the contract.

When we were with Virgin I had to pay £125 to break the contract. Originally they had wanted twice that amount, which we informed them was illegal. The £125 was probably illegal too, but I paid it anyway.

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Actually, while I'm here:I got a Sky subscription a few months ago. 18 month contract. £35/month. I no longer require it I don't think.

I remember my mum having a terrible time trying to renegotiate her Sky contract. But that was twenty years ago. Is there any hope I can cancel/pause it? Or will I just have to accept the fact that I'm paying for the whole length of the contract.

When we were with Virgin I had to pay £125 to break the contract. Originally they had wanted twice that amount, which we informed them was illegal. The £125 was probably illegal too, but I paid it anyway.
oof I don't think you'll be able to wrangle out of that one unless they have small print that allows you leave on compassionate grounds. Then you'll have to work on your cry voice.

seanc

oof I don't think you'll be able to wrangle out of that one unless they have small print that allows you leave on compassionate grounds. Then you'll have to work on your cry voice.

I don't think Rupert is a very compassionate guy.

What I do next all depends on where I move to next. Maybe I'll find a place that is Sky-ready and I can bring my router and box to the table. Unlikely though.

If the lawyers get involved, she'll be paying for all of it. It was her idea.

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
I don't think Rupert is a very compassionate guy.

What I do next all depends on where I move to next. Maybe I'll find a place that is Sky-ready and I can bring my router and box to the table. Unlikely though.

If the lawyers get involved, she'll be paying for all of it. It was her idea.
you can deffo move it with you. I've done that before, albeit in Ireland. Its normal enough for them to have customers moving house and who want to switch the account to their new gaff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads