What gig didn't you go to last night? (1 Viewer)

The kids from 2001 would have been in their 30's five years ago. I thought they'd have moved on from Alien Ant Farm.
I see AAF played The Academy again this time.
oh look all the cool school teachers have formed a band for prom night

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

edit: i wish to apologise for my ageist post. i will now take some take some time to reflect.

Last edited:

edit: i wish to apologise for my ageist post. i will now take some take some time to reflect.

Their kids must wish DEAD MOON were their parents

That's weird to look at.

Pep Giaurdiola on drums. Cool.

I went to a wedding a few years back in middle America and the couple were of an age that this American Pie music was the “thing” when they were teenagers. The DJ played this cookie-cutter stuff for the whole party and every guest sang every word of every song. Different world.

It was the longest night of my life.

Did they play Glassjaw? I would take that music over what I had to listen to growing up. Same time period.

Which was 90's raver stuff, and that is what I had to listen to last night. Not a gig, a DJ set. And no yokes. I and some of the other Council of Elders went with it in a semi-ironic way. The youngers were quite perplexed by our weird hand movements.

But really, in the back of my mind, it just made me feel that at any moment, I'm gonna get punched in the face. halcyon days.

big fish little fish cardboard box?

More like that. I never could the crazy legs dance right.

I went to a wedding a few years back in middle America and the couple were of an age that this American Pie music was the “thing” when they were teenagers. The DJ played this cookie-cutter stuff for the whole party and every guest sang every word of every song. Different world.

It was the longest night of my life.

It's almost like a golden age compared to the charts now.

That's so old.
An no, I do like a lot of modern pop, especially that guy, "featuring". He's on every song now.

Miki Berenyi talking with Deb Googe in Drogheda last night. Had tickets but I’m not well, and in any case Drogheda is a pain in the hole to get to and back from at night (unless you’re a Dub, with your fancy all-night buses). Did anyone else from here pop along?

Someone I know played way off far away (the other side of the river).

According to his FB, Iggor Cavalera was manning the merch desk. I'm not a huge fan, but he loved it. It's just mad.

Someone I know played way off far away (the other side of the river).

According to his FB, Iggor Cavalera was manning the merch desk. I'm not a huge fan, but he loved it. It's just mad.

He was at the last two Wild Rocket gigs we played in London.

But missed all or most our set each time.

Cryptopsy and Atheist. Mainly because I'm at the inlaws, in Co Mayo. Also not that pushed to be frank

Didn’t go to Sunn O))). Decided when it was announced that it wasn’t one for me; no way I was getting home from it. And sure I ‘saw’ them at Crawdaddy in 2006 or whenever it was and got my fill.
Same, was also at that Crawdaddy gig I think? One where Justin Broadrick opened as Final, and then played with Sunn 0)) after. So painfully boring. Never again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back