What gig didn't you go to last night? (2 Viewers)

ann post

Threads
The level of depressed Mayo heads that would have been at the national would have been off the fucking scale. I've never met anyone from Mayo who didn't love them.
I didn't go to something class last saturday, local band in rural bar - think it woulda been craic.

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
www.tracesofthereal.com
I've disliked them for years but listened to the new one and enjoyed it. Went back to Boxer and enjoyed that too. Half wish I went to see them now.

dunderhead

Threads
friends went to see them in Cork over weekend. Minds blown again. Their minds were blown a few years ago when they played cork too. and possibly again a couple of years before that. I always thought they were really bland but from all the hype from said folk after their gig a couple of years ago I listened to an album and a few tunes from other albums. Bored the shit out of me. Dunno how people get so excited over them. I'd say they do a good live show to be fair. Read a review of new album, supposed to be a bit more noisier than the others, in a good way. Might be worth a listen. The best thing they've done/appeared in was that documentary with the singer's brother. That was amazing

Theseus Mock

Threads
Insufferably boring band – my ears must be broken. And I do like boring bands. I'm not hearing what everyone else appears to love them for.

Lili Marlene

Sleeperbloke
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I've managed to see them live 3 times over the years and I still have no interest. They're good at what they do though, I feel making fun of them in 2017 is a bit too easy, like laughing at a David Foster Wallace fan.

It'd be harder to get away with calling the Spice Girls shite.

xsteox

Threads
That Malthusian gig in Rathmines last night. Mostly due to having an awful nights sleep on fri & not having the energy to go enywhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... if we have any.

Upgrade now

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Latest posts

Latest threads