What gig didn't you go to last night? (9 Viewers)

The level of depressed Mayo heads that would have been at the national would have been off the fucking scale. I've never met anyone from Mayo who didn't love them.
I didn't go to something class last saturday, local band in rural bar - think it woulda been craic.

I've disliked them for years but listened to the new one and enjoyed it. Went back to Boxer and enjoyed that too. Half wish I went to see them now.

friends went to see them in Cork over weekend. Minds blown again. Their minds were blown a few years ago when they played cork too. and possibly again a couple of years before that. I always thought they were really bland but from all the hype from said folk after their gig a couple of years ago I listened to an album and a few tunes from other albums. Bored the shit out of me. Dunno how people get so excited over them. I'd say they do a good live show to be fair. Read a review of new album, supposed to be a bit more noisier than the others, in a good way. Might be worth a listen. The best thing they've done/appeared in was that documentary with the singer's brother. That was amazing

I've managed to see them live 3 times over the years and I still have no interest. They're good at what they do though, I feel making fun of them in 2017 is a bit too easy, like laughing at a David Foster Wallace fan.

It'd be harder to get away with calling the Spice Girls shite.

That Malthusian gig in Rathmines last night. Mostly due to having an awful nights sleep on fri & not having the energy to go enywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
  • MacDara
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back