What gig did you go to last night? (10 Viewers)

Would have been at that, but was in Waterford on Saturday for the final Irish Richmond Fontaine show. Very sad to see these guys calling it a day.

Just back from Kristin Hersh in the Pavilion in Dun Laoghaire. Not a great venue for a gig, and she just seemed to be plugged straight into the PA. Gig was a mix of songs and reading short passages from her books. 1 hour 20 minutes. I enjoyed.

Just back from Kristin Hersh in the Pavilion in Dun Laoghaire. Not a great venue for a gig, and she just seemed to be plugged straight into the PA. Gig was a mix of songs and reading short passages from her books. 1 hour 20 minutes. I enjoyed.

I loved it. It was refreshing to have the spoken word parts between the songs. I love that she read a couple of passages from the Vic Chesnutt book and didn't just stick to the new one (didn't manage to get a copy before they'd all sold out).

Plus, she played 'Flooding' and 'Your Ghost'. Amazing.

And maybe its a sign I'm getting old, but how great was it that you could go to a gig on a wednesday night and it be over at half-9!

Yeah, quality all round. I thought it was interesting her reading about the 'power of slow' towards the end. She is noticeably slow in everything she does, speech, guitar issue fixing, etc. Something I will try to take away from that gig. Didn't get a copy of the new book, or even realise she had one about Vic Chesnutt. Only have Paradoxical Undressing which was a terrific read. Got loads of stuff to look forward to now.

Loved the stuff from Crooked. That is my favourite album. Need to get the book on it as well. Also took solace in her getting lost with the chords to Mississippi Kite. These things happen to the greats.

And maybe its a sign I'm getting old, but how great was it that you could go to a gig on a wednesday night and it be over at half-9!

I am all over it. Also nice and exciting getting a Dart out to a gig. I never get the Dart.

Nada surf in the Grand Social last night. They were really on form last night with good interband banter between songs. Only issues were an idiot heckler and a group of drunks who must only go to one gig a year and were a nightmare to be near.

Nada surf in the Grand Social last night. They were really on form last night with good interband banter between songs. Only issues were an idiot heckler and a group of drunks who must only go to one gig a year and were a nightmare to be near.
was an excellent gig bar the aforementioned idiots. just back from the tower instore which was just as good.

Went to see Jimmy Eat World in the Olympia last night with the boy (now 14!). They sounded great and played exceptionally well. I only knew about half the songs, everyone else these seemed to know the songs I didn't and were well into it. Enjoyable gig alright.

Went to see Jimmy Eat World in the Olympia last night with the boy (now 14!). They sounded great and played exceptionally well. I only knew about half the songs, everyone else these seemed to know the songs I didn't and were well into it. Enjoyable gig alright.
I hadn't listened to them since whenever MTV last played music but they came on a playlist that Mrs. Ammonis was listening to and they were a lot better than I remembered. Didn't realise they were still going.

I hadn't listened to them since whenever MTV last played music but they came on a playlist that Mrs. Ammonis was listening to and they were a lot better than I remembered. Didn't realise they were still going.

I only know 2 songs from back in the day but I think they released a pro-BLM single during this year.

Wiki says they sold more than 2.5 million albums in the last decade* so I'm sure they can afford to keep going.

* Last decade, not the past decade.

My brother is a big fan of theirs so I have stayed updated. They have loads of albums since the big one and just released a new one which i bought to do some pre-gig swatting.

Dinosaur Jr. in Vicar Street. Immensely enjoyable. Not as loud as I remember them being, but that's probably down to my severely diminished hearing.

Nice to see people getting excited for songs from the new album.

yea, Dinosaur Jr last night. Great stuff. Lou looks like he's lost weight, started working out and wearing clothes that are so expensive that they look cheap but he's trying to hide it by growing the mop and beard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back