What gig did you go to last night? (7 Viewers)

Electric Eel Shock in the Workmans.

Won last minute tickets otherwise I wouldn't have even realised this was on. Figured out I have been going to see them for 13 years at this stage. New album out so they played a bit off it as well as the hits. Same rock poses and antics as always.

Ballers

Electric Eel Shock in the Workmans.

Won last minute tickets otherwise I wouldn't have even realised this was on. Figured out I have been going to see them for 13 years at this stage. New album out so they played a bit off it as well as the hits. Same rock poses and antics as always.

Ballers
Yeah, I was at this too after finding out about it by miracle. I've missed a couple of gigs in the Workmans because I didn't hear about them til afterwards. I don't know where all the cool kids are hanging their posters these days.

Adam Buxton's Bug Bowie Special in Vicar St. Exactly the same show as I saw in July but that didn't matter because it was still great. Good big crowd and it was nice to hear a "Stephen!"

Loved the Bowie Bug. Potential bolter for gig of the year thread.
My jaw was sore from laughing at tizzues for my eyes, could have happily stayed for another hour or two just watching videos on youtube getting a bit pissed. Like a regular Friday night but with a big screen.

Bit pissed review of the walpurgis family album launch in the workmans tonight.

first stand up comedian guy. I have definitely seen this dude in the crowd at many a gig. always a bit strange having a stand up at a music gig, but he was very enjoyable. top marks for his lighthouse and repeating WW1 bits.

cryboys. first time seeing these guys, i thought david kitt was involved, but he wasn't tonight anyway. I was blown away, absolutely excellent. Is your man Cian Nugent like a proper style real musician? Because he sure seemed like one with his fancy amp and classy guitar shredding using the volume knob for the solos. Not to take away from the other lads. All exceptionally tasteful musicians. I was very impressed.

the walpurgis family. despite it being their album launch tonight, i was mostly out to meet @Anthony and have pints. Only my second time seeing these guys, and again, really really good. Looking forward to getting stuck into the album. Lovely guitar.

Quality night for a tenner. See yis at the Spook gig next Thursday.

Yea, The Walpurgis Family were very enjoyable on Saturday night. What an odd looking band too. It's as if you got onto a bus and picked the first 6 people you saw and said "right, you lot, make a band".
Cryboys had tunez.

What gig did you NOT go to last night? The Wedding Present, gutted. We had tickets for The Plough And The Stars, which was being staged in Navan. That's sort of a gig right? Anyway it was very good. The lads liked it, that was the main thing.

Bit pissed review of the walpurgis family album launch in the workmans tonight.

first stand up comedian guy. I have definitely seen this dude in the crowd at many a gig. always a bit strange having a stand up at a music gig, but he was very enjoyable. top marks for his lighthouse and repeating WW1 bits.

cryboys. first time seeing these guys, i thought david kitt was involved, but he wasn't tonight anyway. I was blown away, absolutely excellent. Is your man Cian Nugent like a proper style real musician? Because he sure seemed like one with his fancy amp and classy guitar shredding using the volume knob for the solos. Not to take away from the other lads. All exceptionally tasteful musicians. I was very impressed.

the walpurgis family. despite it being their album launch tonight, i was mostly out to meet @Anthony and have pints. Only my second time seeing these guys, and again, really really good. Looking forward to getting stuck into the album. Lovely guitar.

Quality night for a tenner. See yis at the Spook gig next Thursday.

I believe they've changed bass players now so Kitt is no longer involved and yeah Cian is a real deal guitarist/musician.

Was at Lynched myself on Saturday. Phenomenal show. then NCH Gamelan in the Back Loft last night that was also great.

What gig did you NOT go to last night?

I went to wyvern lingo but had convinced myself that they were playing at 11ish, not 9 like it said on all the posters and facebook event and also is the time that every saturday night gig is on at ever.

Got to watch them pack up a keyboard and half waved at the guitarist who probably vaguely remembered me from 'engineering' this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I went to wyvern lingo but had convinced myself that they were playing at 11ish, not 9 like it said on all the posters and facebook event and also is the time that every saturday night gig is on at ever.

Got to watch them pack up a keyboard and half waved at the guitarist who probably vaguely remembered me from 'engineering' this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They're probably sound and clearly very talented but they do that X-Factor melisma vocal thing and all have big TV3/Independent Social Pages heads on them and they're TERRIBLE. I was fuming at them and their vocals during the Prince tribute thing a few months back.

Another pissed review

Spook of the 13th Lock - Whelans main room earlier tonight.

Excellent. Last time I saw this was on the back of a truck on a very windy Fitzwilliam Square. Good crowd tonight. Was wondering how they were all going to fit on the whelans stage but they just about managed it.

I am not sure of the main dudes name, but he is playing some crazy riffs and slow sweeps for the 60 minutes or whatever of this.

I love the bullet in the brick, brilliant piece of music to finish the gig on. Bring this show to America and they would clean up.

Super Furry Animals in the Olympia.

First time I'd been to one of those "play the album in it's entirety" shows.

Good atmosphere, although the quiet bits were almost totally drowned out by the chatty fuckers all around me in the downstairs. But I didn't care. I was mad to hear the tunes, especially from Radiator. The old closing routine could do with an update though! I was hoping they'd play some of the B sides instead of donning the furry suits...

I concur. There's a lot to be said for being really good at something you are really good at.

Loved it too. Career spanning set. 30 quid to see the best band of all time aint bad, plus it was nice of them to let the guitarist from Coldplay have a go at some proper songs.

Not a huge fan of the Academy, but we were stood behind the sound desk and it was great. Good sound, excellent view, no one standing on our feet.

I saw the support guy earlier in the year at Grant Lee Phillips. Mate saw him supporting Nada Surf. Now he's had Teenage Fanclub. Not a bad run.

But yeah, loved it. I was so happy at times. I love guitars.

after failing to get a ticket for TFC i went to see a giant dog in whelans. they are a rather nifty little garage punk band fro austin texas. very enjoyable. except for the part when the punter from norway was ejected during the 3rd song

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back