What gig did you go to last night? (2 Viewers)

I agree about the hamming. I was NOT into the little bits of "acting" from the ghouls and that guitar battle was the low point.
I wonder if this panto style is here for good or if it's a reflection on Cardinal Copia's goofy character. When/if he gets to be Papa4 will it change? I would like to hope so. I'll definitely go to see them again though. We went to the aftershow in Fibbers with the tribute band Host. Oh to have seen the original Ghost in such a small venue.

What were Host like? Some craic playing those songs...
They were great :) The cheapo costumes and "special effects" were kind of charming. They were great payers and they use the same backing tracks so they do a good job. They also do a great live version of Zenith, something Ghost themselves have never done

Recent:

Big Monster Love - Seen him like ten times and he's probably reading this but still really enjoyed it.

Rozi Plain - lush psychedelia, nice guitar work, stupidly good band. Kinda needs a little more dynamics though.

Bannered Mare- fun mathy riffs and stuff but didn't really leave an impact on me.

Fox Jaw - good singer, needs a bit more spice.

Slyrydes - Really good angry punks. They are like, really angry. I liked it.

Vulpynes - didn't connect with it till I moved up close and got the full face melt, then I thought they were class.

Bjork last Thursday. WOW is the only way to summarize it. Never seen anything like it in my life. Icelandic choir, seven flute players who were dancing whilst playing like at a rave, a harp player, sound designer, AMAZING drummer who at one point was doing percussion with water and of course....Bjork.

Recents:

Sinead Ann

Short set, has a superb voice, the songs didn't connect immediately but watched an instagram later and Liked it more.

Field Trip

This band are all about harmonies, were missing a bassist but basically harmony led pop/punk/indieboys.

New Pope*

It was good but I prefer new pope as a band over solo.

Aul Boy*

Earlier Steve Malkmus vibe, wonderful band chemistry.

Arthuritis

Experimental, a little indulgent but a fun thing to see in the middle of a lot of other bands.

Myles Manley.

Go and see Myles Manley and stand up the front.

Dott

Out of quitting/hiatus and played an all new set which was as good as anything they've ever done. I like the attitude.

Bjork

Best gig since portishead, probably one of the best shows I've ever seen.

*know them, sound

Friday
Nilz and Bartape in DDT. Really good crowd,both bands were great. Audience loved the antics from Eddie nilz.

Last night.
Hot Snakes and Seabeasts in the grand social.
Again good crowd and loads of people I'd not seen in an age(always good)
Both bands were great. Hopefully plenty more from Seabeasts.

Junior Brother in Whelans. It's cool to see such a talent getting so much attention for his odd songs, spiky guitar playing and braying voice, he really is a genius and his live set up with those two lads is great, some of the songs they stretched out a bit more and got quite atonal here and there to much whooping from the youngsters. There is a generation gap between me and most of his audience - I don't understand them and I'd prefer if they went to different gigs.

Wild Rocket and Creepy Future at Bloody Marys.

Both bands were excellent and this seems like a pretty cool new venue. Sound was a bit boomy in parts but in general it sounded grand. All round good buzz for a Saturday night in the middle of Dublin town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back