What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

I could well be wrong, but I think its the japanese oto, one of whose meanings is sound or noise. Pure guess all the same because one of the co-owners keiko is japanese.

Saw this band De Staat tonight and they were real good, also saw a bit of rapper Goldlink tonight and he was decent by modern rapper standards.
De Staat are a bit of a mad talking heads/hives/electric six mix or something, but it works, and they're a sound bunch too.

My friend went and said that there was a massive interval to facilitate maximum merchandise-buying time - that it was essentially an informercial for horrible cheap plastic crap.

Ghost in the new Point Depot. Quality gig. Proper long set. Crowd up totally up for it and loud. Except for during the deep cut that the Cardinal tried to get a sing along going during. Weird choice of song to try that in. Nice to see the brand new songs going down just as well as the hits.

Ghost in the new Point Depot. Quality gig. Proper long set. Crowd up totally up for it and loud. Except for during the deep cut that the Cardinal tried to get a sing along going during. Weird choice of song to try that in. Nice to see the brand new songs going down just as well as the hits.
Noone knew the words Satan Prayer😆 I really enjoyed it. They've completely changed in tone, with the whole band hamming it up, but the songs are still there. Still don't like Danse Macabre but it's certainly a crowd pleaser.

Went to The Mountain Goats in the Button Factory and enjoyed them (as I always do). It seemed more subdued/more slow songs to me than the last couple of times, but I had to leg it for the bus 2 songs into the encore and missed a load of crowd pleasers, no doubt it kicked off then. I always come away from his gigs with a new appreciation for songs I hadn't been keen on or had been ambivalent to on the records (although I still think the new album is a stinker).

Went to The Mountain Goats in the Button Factory and enjoyed them (as I always do). It seemed more subdued/more slow songs to me than the last couple of times, but I had to leg it for the bus 2 songs into the encore and missed a load of crowd pleasers, no doubt it kicked off then. I always come away from his gigs with a new appreciation for songs I hadn't been keen on or had been ambivalent to on the records (although I still think the new album is a stinker).
I love the new album (except Doc Gooden). Thought the gig was excellent if a little loose in parts. Played my request, Used To Haunt, which brought tears to my eyes. Longest set of the tour too.

If you left after Birth Of Serpents, you missed Steal Smoked Fish, No Children, Up The Wolves, This Year and a bonus Amy aka Spent Gladiator 1 which was way past curfew. Fair play to TBMC for letting it happen.

Downside for me was the two kids (one of whom had earlier referred to me as an "older gentleman") beside me who sang along, mostly off key, to almost everything, even Matthew 25:21. They didn't know Used To Haunt which was a plus.

Really hope the next gig is full band though. Enjoyed what the women brought to the songs they played on but there's no substitute for the Hughes/Wurster rhythm section.

Noone knew the words Satan Prayer😆 I really enjoyed it. They've completely changed in tone, with the whole band hamming it up, but the songs are still there. Still don't like Danse Macabre but it's certainly a crowd pleaser.

I agree about the hamming. I was NOT into the little bits of "acting" from the ghouls and that guitar battle was the low point.

I love the new album (except Doc Gooden). Thought the gig was excellent if a little loose in parts. Played my request, Used To Haunt, which brought tears to my eyes. Longest set of the tour too.

If you left after Birth Of Serpents, you missed Steal Smoked Fish, No Children, Up The Wolves, This Year and a bonus Amy aka Spent Gladiator 1 which was way past curfew. Fair play to TBMC for letting it happen.

Downside for me was the two kids (one of whom had earlier referred to me as an "older gentleman") beside me who sang along, mostly off key, to almost everything, even Matthew 25:21. They didn't know Used To Haunt which was a plus.

Really hope the next gig is full band though. Enjoyed what the women brought to the songs they played on but there's no substitute for the Hughes/Wurster rhythm section.

Sad to have missed this. I sold my ticket because of the ghost clash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back