What gig did you go to last night? (8 Viewers)

Well I went to see the band, but the singer didn't want to perform unless he had sunglasses. Which he lost. So everyone in the crowd searched for sunglasses. I walked back upstairs.Twatimus Maximus.
There was a bunch of weird bands, but I wasn't in the mood. Nor was anyone else. Just a massive pile of wank really.

Don't know why that got a thumbs down, I hope I didn't upset anyone. Wanky band they were anyway. Sunglasses man had tights and a mini skirt on, which he was not very good at wearing, shall we say. Don't know what the actual music was like because apparently sunglasses are more important.

Don't know why that got a thumbs down, I hope I didn't upset anyone. Wanky band they were anyway. Sunglasses man had tights and a mini skirt on, which he was not very good at wearing, shall we say. Don't know what the actual music was like because apparently sunglasses are more important.
I’d say the thumbs down was for sunglasses man. Not you

I do like that particular venue*, but there's been a couple of gigs now where they've pushed the envelope and it hasn't worked out. I'm all for batshit crazy performance with music adjacent, but sometimes these "artists" just take the piss. Scheduling I reckon is the issue.

*I demolished the old stage there, owner thought that would take a day, but I did it in a couple of hours, because I'm good at demolishing things. Then, hilariously, he'd forgotten he had a band booked that night, so he had to rent a stage. I never got paid, but at this point I'll just leave it. That was over a year ago. Bad debts/a few "free" pints. Rent-a-Stage is still there.

Anyway, the lighting and backdrop is really nice. I just wish they booked acts that give a shit about people other than themselves.

Well I went to see the band, but the singer didn't want to perform unless he had sunglasses. Which he lost. So everyone in the crowd searched for sunglasses. I walked back upstairs.Twatimus Maximus.
There was a bunch of weird bands, but I wasn't in the mood. Nor was anyone else. Just a massive pile of wank really.
oh my god. Sunglasses?!

went to a spoken word thing on friday - charlie connelly doing a piece based on his book about the shipping forecast. really enjoyed it.
was in the dot theatre (which was the focus theatre last time i'd been there), which by my count sat 39; how can anyone make money with such limited scope for ticket sales?

Pip Blom - The Grand Social

This was really enjoyable. I used to follow this lot on Twitter, and they always seemed to be working so hard. Touring all over the place in a little van with happy heads. Living the dream. Delighted to see the grand social was absolutely stuffed for them. Lovely to see a band coming over from the Netherlands and packing out a room full of people who wanted to bop to them. And they put the effort in, a bit of stage craft going on with an arty background and fancy lighting.

Gig itself was great. Every tune a banger. They have lost their drummer to motherhood, so just a 3 piece now. Using a drum machine and more electronic stuff. New album sounded more sleazy disco live.

I do like that particular venue*, but there's been a couple of gigs now where they've pushed the envelope and it hasn't worked out. I'm all for batshit crazy performance with music adjacent, but sometimes these "artists" just take the piss. Scheduling I reckon is the issue.

*I demolished the old stage there, owner thought that would take a day, but I did it in a couple of hours, because I'm good at demolishing things. Then, hilariously, he'd forgotten he had a band booked that night, so he had to rent a stage. I never got paid, but at this point I'll just leave it. That was over a year ago. Bad debts/a few "free" pints. Rent-a-Stage is still there.

Anyway, the lighting and backdrop is really nice. I just wish they booked acts that give a shit about people other than themselves.

It's amazing the huge amount of garbage out there, often from a combo of Coked up arselholery and scene bubble / echo chambers

Les Savy Fav. I can't remember seeing them since Crawdaddy in 2007 which I used to say was one of the best gigs I've been to. This was a load of sweaty fun.

Les Savy Fav. I can't remember seeing them since Crawdaddy in 2007 which I used to say was one of the best gigs I've been to. This was a load of sweaty fun.

There were great the couple of times I saw them. Most likely will go to the whelans gig.

I went to fairytale/special branch/catastrophe in anseo.
Tiny room packed. I felt very old.

Such lovely lads.

Housemate came along, he really enjoyed it. Other friends also appeared from elsewhere looking for another place to have a drink or whatever, and then they promptly disappeared. As is proper.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just in from the smile. Couldn't get into it, but went in blind to them. Vocals buried too deep in the mix so could barely hear the words too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back