What gig did you go to last night? (11 Viewers)

He has our George helping out live. I seen the first show at CTM which was amazing but they've been hard at work since to make it even better. Looking forward to seeing them open for Bell Witch in a couple weeks.

Ah cool. Speaking of our George, I saw this and immediately thought of BB84- ye would fit right in!

(seriously, you should do it)

I went with a couple of mates to see Chewie and Burning Realm in the Workman’s last night.

Burning Realm were deadly. Loads of Sabbath and Maidenesque riffs. They’re doing an ep launch in Bello Bar on 13th April with Wild Rocket. Well worth checking out.

4th time seeing Chewie. I always thought they were just ok before but last night they were excellent. They’re one of those bands that’s kind of easy to dismiss because they’re pop punk, but the songs are actually really good. And the vocal harmonies between the lads are brilliant. They also had a piano player with them last night. Really added to the sound. And the crowd there loved them. Haven’t seen a local band get a response like that in a long time. Have to say, I’m converted

Not really a gig, but they had a DJ at work tonight. Indeed it was none other than Darren Emerson, one third of Underworld. I had no idea he was coming so it was a big weird surprise. He's a big famous DJ person in his own right I'm told. Quite the coup for the show producer.

No one under 35 seemed to care too much. But imagine, I got to watch one of the lads who did The Born Slippy, and one way or another, you know every bit of that tune. This guy headlined Glasto when he was 19 years old.

Bell Witch and One Leg One Eye in Academy 2. Enjoyed both greatly. Was a bit surprised One Leg One Eye was as loud as he was. Couldn't see the stage, so not sure if he had someone up there with him.

tried to go see horse lords last night... the venue was a ten-minute walk from my place, and I thought, whatever, it won’t be sold out, it’s weird skronky music on a tuesday night. dear readers, it was indeed sold out. gahh. and then I saw that the next gig that they have after that one will be in tralee, of all fucking places. have now failed to see horse lords I think maybe three times in a row. next time, I hope.

The NCH cancel seats sold through toutless etc . Very petty behaviour by them.
I saw that lately. They gave me a refund when I couldn't go to an event last year, so that explains maybe why they don't allow reselling. They simply resell the tickets themselves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back