What are is my rib cage at!? (2 Viewers)

Sounds like a cracked rib to me, bleedin' painful. Go to the doctor or to casualty, all they can do really is give you painkillers but at least they could rule anything more serious out.

I have this horrible pain in my lower left rib, it was a dull ache for about a month but around three hours ago I had a good cough and I felt a pop got a bit winded for a few seconds and now its fucking killing me.

The slightest movement of that area hurts. Ive taken a few pain killers and have something cold up against it. Ive googled lots of stuff but still no answers?

it sounds like you've possibly got a hairline fracture on your rib. got one after a bit of high jinks at last years electric picnic. there is nothing you can do for this as the rib is constantly being moved by the inflation of your chest (ooo matron) so it takes nearly a month to heal. You will however need to go see a doctor. They need to get a chest xray done to make sure the rib hasnt moved or damaged/scraped your lung and they need to proscribe you a wedge of anti inflamatories and painkillers for it. Also if you have the fractured rib you can sometimes labour your breathing because it hurts and then the lower part of your rib fills up with mucus and you can get a nasty cold from it so GET THEE TO A DOCTOR.

expect to pay 80 or 90 quid for this between visit and medication not to mention sitting in xray department for half a day. but its better than dying/losing a lung i reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back