What albums can you listen to repeatedly at the same sitting? (1 Viewer)

eoinOT

What I mean is, an album you can play in its entirety and at the end feel the urge to play again from the start?

It seems to apply to me for certain instrumental groups. My pick is 'Precious Blood' by Ghosts and Vodka.

Forever changes

eoinOT said:
What I mean is, an album you can play in its entirety and at the end feel the urge to play again from the start?

It seems to apply to me for certain instrumental groups. My pick is 'Precious Blood' by Ghosts and Vodka.

There was one day when I went into work in the morning and stuck on Teenage Fanclub's Songs From Northern Britian... and there it remained till I left that evening... I don't know of many albums that can be listened to consistantly for 8 hours like that...

this one...

19218M.jpg

sample

and this one...

JT1059_lg.gif

sample

over and over and over again. and again. and again.

uh loads of them>???
but sleep - 'dopesmoker' / 'jerusalem'
boris - 'flood' / 'absolutego'
melvins - 'lysol'
cos they're all one song

andrew

anything by RFTC
anything starring a member of jehu except last of the juanitas
anything pounding, tuneful and good

beaster - sugar
shoulder voices - rollerskate skinny
old ramon - red house painters
middle of nowhere - orbital
yank crime - drive like jehu
(recently) hostile ambient takeover - melvins
.....to name but a few........

nobody in LotJ was in jehu (although rick fork played with them on some stuff and live i think). i actually prefer LotJ to jehu cos i'm weird like that. saying.

weirdddddly - i was listening to this richard pyror album on the bus this morning and at the end of the CD i put on some songs - shit i haven't heard in like 3/4 years - total mindbender. (i made the cd years ago and just found it this morning).
dazzling killmen - sick!
some band i can't remember - maybe Bozart or Wicketran? totally noodly shit kinda like recenty flying luttenbachers but not as black metally / intense
LotJ / Hot Snakes / Jehu
some song called 'my midget' that dudley had me check out, can't remember the name of the band though, great song.
Helmet! man helmet in the jerky boys movie playing 'symptom of the universe' with fuckin ozzy playing their manager - killer.
Richard Pyror!
June of 44 song not on any of the albums goes all "in this town they write letters..." - any idea what it's called hag? hasn't aged great.

happy days on the bus today. chris rock after lunch.

andrew

Forever Changes, Lazer Guided Melodies, The Holy Bible, there's a few others

orbital - insides
global communication - 76:14
plaid - double figure
any stars of the lid
any tarentel (edit - i always spell this arseways)
lots of eno
some windy and carl

shockingly, i was never a big JO44 fan. the singer fella is a champion's champion buh. he's doing the covers for the new frost and running cds... he was the one who did them action park covers. i don't actually like a lot of music that other people make... errr... i can only listen to a handful of albums all the way through. loveless is another one. kate bush's entire catalogue. i'm really looking forward to the new trm album... i have a feeling that's going to be pretty special.

TESTAROSSA said:
June of 44 song not on any of the albums goes all "in this town they write letters..." - any idea what it's called hag? hasn't aged great.

oh ok weird - i thought you were mad into your june of 44s. i love the first two albums. the stamps you got with tropics and meridians - fuckin killer. he did loads of album covers back then, right? firesomething press or something??
at least your albums will look good - ARF!
andrew

ha ha, they sound amazing too! :) what's you geemail address? i'll send you a mp3. fireproof press. i'm going to make the bestest mix cd for the thumped party, i hope i get it.

oh, i can actually listen to all the golden records all the way through... and some trans am.

this is amazing...

f30060nrk9v.jpg

TESTAROSSA said:
oh ok weird - i thought you were mad into your june of 44s. i love the first two albums. the stamps you got with tropics and meridians - fuckin killer. he did loads of album covers back then, right? firesomething press or something??
at least your albums will look good - ARF!
andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back