What albums can you listen to repeatedly at the same sitting? (3 Viewers)

hag said:
and this one...

JT1059_lg.gif

Victor Villarreal and Sam Zurick from Owls are the guys behind Ghosts and Vodka (who inspired the thread). I love the Owls record to bits, but I think G'n'V is the best thing to come out of that collective. I think they get overlooked because there isn't any Kinsella involvement.

June of 44 is a good call - I'd definitely add 'Four Great Points'.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! why didn't i know about this? Victor Villarreal is one of my all-time favourite musicians. you going to the thumped party? please make me a copy of ghosts and vodka? sam plays a mean bass.

eoinOT said:
Victor Villarreal and Sam Zurick from Owls are the guys behind Ghosts and Vodka (who inspired the thread). I love the Owls record to bits, but I think G'n'V is the best thing to come out of that collective. I think they get overlooked because there isn't any Kinsella involvement.

June of 44 is a good call - I'd definitely add 'Four Great Points'.

*nearly* the complete Fugazi back catalogue, The Argument and In On The Kill Taker for definite.

Tindersticks first album

Slayer "Reign In Blood"

Liars "They Threw Us....."

Uncle Tupelo "Anodyne"

SFA "Mwng"

Les Savy Fav "Go Forth"

Bandwagonesque

er...can't think

a friend of yours works with me :) now a person in work knows about what i do outside work. good thing he seems pretty sound. i hope he's not reading this ;)
rothko said:
*nearly* the complete Fugazi back catalogue, The Argument and In On The Kill Taker for definite.

Tindersticks first album

Slayer "Reign In Blood"

Liars "They Threw Us....."

Uncle Tupelo "Anodyne"

SFA "Mwng"

Les Savy Fav "Go Forth"

Bandwagonesque

er...can't think

depending on the mood

múm- finally we are no one
radiohead - ok computer, kid a
wheat - hope and adams
recently coldspoons new(ish) album

hag said:
a friend of yours works with me :) now a person in work knows about what i do outside work. good thing he seems pretty sound. i hope he's not reading this ;)

hee hee
i know...thats got to be weird
:eek:

last place i worked there was two thumped people there
i always felt a little self conscious posting shite and then passing them in the coridoor...

its ok kev hates thumped...i'm sure he's not watching

hi kevo

heh, we've got a work party on saturday. free booze and grub. numnumnum. that was you calling the other night, right? you and not the other thumped ed... right?
rothko said:
hee hee
i know...thats got to be weird
:eek:

last place i worked there was two thumped people there
i always felt a little self conscious posting shite and then passing them in the coridoor...

its ok kev hates thumped...i'm sure he's not watching

hi kevo

Robbie Analog said:
Forever changes
deffo. i am listening to it now, in fact.

laura nyro's "eli and the thirteenth confession", probably. must see if i can think of any others...

hag said:
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! why didn't i know about this? Victor Villarreal is one of my all-time favourite musicians. you going to the thumped party? please make me a copy of ghosts and vodka? sam plays a mean bass.
I wouldn't have known about it either if a co-worker hadn't given me a copy a couple of years ago. As far as I know, Sam plays lead guitar on it too, as he does with Joan of Arc these days.

I wish I was going to the thumped party :/

hag said:
heh, we've got a work party on saturday. free booze and grub. numnumnum. that was you calling the other night, right? you and not the other thumped ed... right?
nope
must have been the other ed

oh yeah and I only got Forever Changes three months ago and
I swear I listen to it at least twice a week....amazing

ah bum. will you send me a copy then? i'll send you something nice in return. all of the joan of arc/owls clan are all amazing on every instrument. they're flippin' cuntz. and tim kinsella is a real life poet as far as i'm concerned.
eoinOT said:
I wouldn't have known about it either if a co-worker hadn't given me a copy a couple of years ago. As far as I know, Sam plays lead guitar on it too, as he does with Joan of Arc these days.

I wish I was going to the thumped party :/

nick drake - pink moon

talk talk - laughing stock

can - future days

rachel's - handwriting

Tim Buckley - happy sad/dream letter

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back