Watchmen (1 Viewer)

it's actually quite good. that was the strange part: even when it works i couldn't help but think how it was so much more suited to the original medium. i expected to come out of this thinking wrong wrong all wrong but not so. pity about some of the performances. and the end fell off a bit. i liked it though. blue willy.

i don't like to use the word awesome, but that was FUCKING AWESOME! the characters were great, veidt and laurie were pretty two-dimensional but improved towards the end. rorschach, the comedian, nite owl and dr manhattan were all deadly (in that order). and i don't see what the hoo-ha about the blue willy is all about, it was hardly in your face, so to speak. definitely going to see this again.
ps: heard some norms bitching about it outside afterwards..."i mean, i liked sin city, but...."

also, there wasn't too much snyder-ism, that slow-motion cut into the middle of an action scene and all that bullshit - a bit at the start and i kind of settled into my seat expecting it to carry on throughout but actually there was virtually no more of it beyond the opening.

the vietnam flamethrower bit or the rorschach deodorant one? i liked both of em. i actually thought the comedian was javier bardem but it's not. it took me a good while to place any of the actors actually, which was kind of cool. nite owl and dr manhattan i didn't place until a good half hour in, even though i knew billy crudup was in it.

rorschach was brilliant, best character i've seen in years. genuinely don't know what the whingers are bitching about.

i thought the sex scene was ok, relatively realistic as these things go. i actually feel like i can approach the novel more knowledgeably after seeing the movie version. but obviously i'm a girl and don't get these things.

i really enjoyed it.it was never going to be the comic but its as close as you can get on film.except for the different ending, should have just stuck to the original, would have worked way better.im definatly gonna go see it again.while we're on the subject of mr.moore, does anyone know where i could download miracle man from?

i thought the sex scene was ok, relatively realistic as these things go. i actually feel like i can approach the novel more knowledgeably after seeing the movie version. but obviously i'm a girl and don't get these things.

It seemed a bit surreal with the choice of music, but what would I know about romance and stuff I'm a larger swilling lad around town.

Yeah, Rorschach was deadly, I'd forgotten about his witty retorts to the would-be torturers

I am gonna download this as soon as someone sends me a link.

Would you not just go to the cinema?

Wait till you're skint my man.Then start lashing out the "you cheap bastard abuse".

Price of night out in cinema-€50
Price of watching it F.O.C.-€8

No contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back