Watchmen movie - plug pulled! (5 Viewers)

That Japanese trailer made me not be able to wait for it anymore.

go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

Read Watchmen the other day. It was really good until the last 3 chapters, which for me totally let down the rest of the book. It's like the whole thing was great until they get down to the actual what was happening of it, and then it's just like, yeah, whatever.

I was just looking at my new OUTER LIMITS boxed set over the weekend and watched an episode called 'The Architects of Fear'. I was suprised how much the basic plot for it is the same as the ending of the Watchman comic (and I guess film).

The Architects of Fear plot.

That Wiki page also mentions the similarity to the Watchmen.

I was just looking at my new OUTER LIMITS boxed set over the weekend and watched an episode called 'The Architects of Fear'. I was suprised how much the basic plot for it is the same as the ending of the Watchman comic (and I guess film).

The Architects of Fear plot.

That Wiki page also mentions the similarity to the Watchmen.

Alan Moore has already said that's where he got the idea for the ending.

If I recall correctly, there is a point towards the last few chapters of the comic where something is happening, and there is a TV on in the background doing that speech bit at the start of the Outer Limits.

Read Watchmen the other day. It was really good until the last 3 chapters, which for me totally let down the rest of the book. It's like the whole thing was great until they get down to the actual what was happening of it, and then it's just like, yeah, whatever.

This proves it: YOU ARE A COMPLETE BUFFOON

My arse. The novel is great, excellent portrayal of an alternate Earth whilst avoiding all the usual superhero cliches, together with some lovely writing.
Then it's all let down by the end, the final plot development is transparent from about chapter 4 and you'd have thought they'd at least use some misdirection or something, but nope, just what you saw coming all along. Then the guy you figured was going to get killed, gets killed.
Fuck it, the last 3 chapters were bollocks compared to the rest of the book.
And you leave it all simply feeling that the best thing about the entire piece is the Tales of the Black Freighter side story which ends up being a cooler, more amazing, better story than the actual book (despite suffering from the same issues)!

My arse. The novel is great, excellent portrayal of an alternate Earth whilst avoiding all the usual superhero cliches, together with some lovely writing.
Then it's all let down by the end, the final plot development is transparent from about chapter 4 and you'd have thought they'd at least use some misdirection or something, but nope, just what you saw coming all along. Then the guy you figured was going to get killed, gets killed.
And you leave it all simply feeling that the best thing about the entire piece is the Tales of the Black Freighter side story which ends up being a cooler, more amazing, better story than the actual book (despite suffering from the same issues)!

ha, yeah right.

.|..|

I don't think the plot development was transparent, I didn't really see Veidt creating an alien type thing that would appear in the middle of the city and create a psychic blast making everyone go mad and kill them so that all the governments of the world declared peace because they think there's going to be an alien invasion.
How did you see that coming?!
Tales from the black frighter is pretty much the same story as a few of the characters in the actual story.. I think the last three chapters are great.. discovering whodunnit, and why, the antarctic base... the irony of the character who most believes in the end justifying the means wanting to tell the world that they've been duped and, sort of, accepting his fate... it's a great ending, fairly epic but an anti-climax at the same time... the story and art are full of these juxtopositions and symmetrys..
I found that after reading it a few times I liked it a lot more

oooooooooooooooooooooohhh!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back