Watchmen movie - plug pulled! (1 Viewer)

I found myself guffawing at some of the soundtrack choices. It felt like someone had hit shuffle on my dad's ipod.

The only thing that worked for me was the Dr. Manhattan origin scenes and some of the Rorsach stuff. Everything else ranged from the counfusing to the annoying. It seemed clear Synder was unable/unwilling to direct dialogue heavy scenes yet still insisted on keeping far too many of them from the book.

I really thought it was as good as it could have been - there a few minor things but over all I think it captured the book well. I thought the change from the squid worked way better than the original plot device...

I thought the casting worked well, like every one I think the Comedian and Rorschach were perfect. Alot of people didn't seen to like Adrian Vedit's portrayal but I though he was pretty good. He seemed less liked and more a prick than his comic version but i think it suited the film.

The fight scenes seemed a little out of place and the Kung-fu looked a bit like '300' with the slow down/speed up technique. It did make the Watchmen look a little more than human too..

The fight scenes seemed a little out of place and the Kung-fu looked a bit like '300' with the slow down/speed up technique. It did make the Watchmen look a little more than human too..
there wasn't too much of that in fairness - there was a bit in the first fight scene and i thought it would continue throughout but there wasn't much more after that, except for the odd bit of slightly superhuman leaping.

I don't understand you people. It's like Taxi Driver / Batman Dark Knight Returns / Forrest Gump / Bladerunner all in one movie! Amazing soundtrack, great characters (though the female characters are a bit suspect actually), great acting, it's epic, good pacing and dynamics to the story, stunning effects. COME ON!

I don't understand you people. It's like Taxi Driver / Batman Dark Knight Returns / Forrest Gump / Bladerunner all in one movie! Amazing soundtrack, great characters (though the female characters are a bit suspect actually), great acting, it's epic, good pacing and dynamics to the story, stunning effects. COME ON!

Remember how everyone thought Heat was a disappointment when it came out? And now everyone loves that movie more or less?

I can see the same thing happening here.
I think its strength will endure and its disappointments will wain.

100% agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back