Watchmen movie - plug pulled! (1 Viewer)

Moore's name was noticeably absent from the screen last night.

That's pretty much been his position on any movie adaptation of his work. He has always maintained that Watchmen is unfilmable and I think he's right - the movie is more of a Watchmen themed adventure loosely based on the graphic novel.

That's pretty much been his position on any movie adaptation of his work. He has always maintained that Watchmen is unfilmable and I think he's right - the movie is more of a Watchmen themed adventure loosely based on the graphic novel.

I'm not sure I'd go that far but I'd agree that certain things are unavoidably lost.
There are gains too though. Slo-mo action scenes capture some of the essence of framed comic book storytelling.
The movie is like another way to experience those characters.

And how great is it when Rorschach yells at the canteen?
Even though you know it's coming, it's still just a great moment.

I'm going again tomorrow.

It's a noble attempt but almost all the non-action scenes are excruciating. Also, the soundtrack is absolutely appalling - literal nonesense, clumsily placed. I have no idea why the ending is the ending.

Ah no. It's really entertaining and well worth seeing but now having seen the movie I can sympathise even more with Allan Moore's position in terms of doing his story justice.

can you preview all the movies i'm planning on seeing before i see them? as well as testing my yoplait yoghurts.

file.php

Saw this Sunday - I'm sure those who live for the novel will want to burn me, but I thought it was better than the book. Thought the major plot twist was handled better and apart from a couple of ropey scenes, that it was really rather excellent.

Saw this Sunday - I'm sure those who live for the novel will want to burn me, but I thought it was better than the book. Thought the major plot twist was handled better and apart from a couple of ropey scenes, that it was really rather excellent.

pitchfork_9e297.jpg

I dont agree that it's superior to the book..no way! how could you!? splutter !gasp etc

but the ending is probably a little more "believable" than the giant squid

i've always been impressed by how the thread about the film being axed became the film thread and nobody even blinked. sorta white elephant in the room type thing.

pitchfork_9e297.jpg

I dont agree that it's superior to the book..no way! how could you!? splutter !gasp etc

But the ending is probably a little more "believable" than the giant squid

Big time. Fuck that squid.

I think people were laughing at weird times because

a) there were children in the cinema (enjoy those rape and murder scenes, kiddies!)

b) some adults see a mans bum/blue penis and have to laugh. Every time.

c) kinda like Homer laughing at a joke he doesn't get... some people think they have to laugh at stuff they don't understand or they'll look like idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back