• Replies 47
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 10
ReadySteadyJedi said:

Nice website though

http://www.walkthelinethemovie.com/

walktheline.jpg

GrRrrrR said:
Actually, NOOOOO. This looks horrible. Joaquín Phoneix??

yeah it should have been Garth Brooks or our own Declan Nearney!

And Shania Twain was a model for June Carter

or Christina Agueilera

travesty

i'll stop now

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Joaquín would normally be a yes, but that bit where he tries to do the voice? And the singing? Sweet mother of jesus...

Saw a clip of this on Conan O Brien- the singing as you say is sooooo bad

with all the live stuff Johnny Cash recorded they really should have made Joachim mime to it- it looks and sounds ....well...stupid now

imagine yourself doing an awful / funny attempt at Johnny Cashs voice- thats what its like

Saw it at the weekend as well and was very impressed. Sure Phoenix doesnt look like Cash atall but some of the cinematography was very well planned so that certain scenes would remind you of classic shots from album covers or that you would have seen about the place or so it seemed to me anyway

johnny cash's daughter wasn't too impressed with the whole thing.

she was saying something along the lines of the bullshittinessnessous of trying to condense complex and deep relationships into a 2 hours snippet, and stuff.

an seriously guys seriously the guy who played waylon jennings didn't look anything like him - seriously - worst movie

broken arm said:
johnny cash's daughter wasn't too impressed with the whole thing.

she was saying something along the lines of the bullshittinessnessous of trying to condense complex and deep relationships into a 2 hours snippet, and stuff.
Having read that autobiography that came out there last year there was a lot of details left out, obviously it all couldnt be covered but for instance the scene in germany where he is playing the guitar in the hangear, as far as I remember he had a group who jammed in Germnay and that they actually played once or twice. In all fairness they did the best they could I suppose with the amount of screen time they had. Also leaving out the bit where he went off to the cave to die when he was in the throes of his addictions and was found was a bit of a letdown I thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back