Walk The Line (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 47
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 10
ReadySteadyJedi said:
Joaquín would normally be a yes, yes, oh yes, lick it before you stick it in there, but that bit where he tries to do it dry? And the size of it! Sweet mother of jesus...

Man, what is it with you and cowboys these days... :heart:

error type 11 said:
Also leaving out the bit where he went off to the cave to die when he was in the throes of his addictions and was found was a bit of a letdown I thought

i thought he went off and met nick cave in the throws of his addiction and helped him find god?

no, i used it because like most boring career orientated country singers, a lot of his "recorded work" comprises "standards" or fucking HYMNS, and moreover because the only reason anyone under the age of 60 actually thinks they should give a fuck about him is because rik rubin got him in to make a bunch of novelty "covers" records.

it's sad that this should be in some way a controversial opinion on an independent music community forum.

I quite liked it. I thought the two lead actors were deadly. I don't know why some reviewers went into raptures about it but it was good enough. I did however, think it was cheesey and hamfisted in those bits where they tried to show where the lyrics of some of the famous songs came from.

Very enjoyable movie. Yer's man's right though. His music was pretty shite. Apart from his electo goth and sadcore covers. If that marketing stroke of genius never happened, most of us would be mixing Jonny Cash up with Kris Kristofferson or someone similiar.

went to see this yesterday, it wasn't amaaaaazing but i still enjoyed it a lot. loads of people in the cinema clapped at the end which was nice.

oh shit said:
no, i used it because like most boring career orientated country singers, a lot of his "recorded work" comprises "standards" or fucking HYMNS, and moreover because the only reason anyone under the age of 60 actually thinks they should give a fuck about him is because rik rubin got him in to make a bunch of novelty "covers" records.

it's sad that this should be in some way a controversial opinion on an independent music community forum.

Yes, it's sad, isn't it. People should really be more "edgy".

I'm sure it's a matter of opinion, really. I'm under 60 and my liking Johnny Cash has got nothing to do with Rik Rubin.

i dont care how 'edgy' people are, i just think it's stupid that people were going to 'start throwing poo' at me for having - as you say - an opinion.
are you sure you're under 60?

UnIt SevEn said:
If that marketing stroke of genius never happened, most of us would be mixing Jonny Cash up with Kris Kristofferson or someone similiar.

Kris Kristofferson's good too though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back