video - technical advice (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 0
Ian said:
I've put together a reel of the best of my past work that I've sent places... It would be no trouble adding a few more... as it stands now it's about 30 mins long... Wil? wanna talk?
I like Egg's idea of putting together the one hour shows. I am up for it and perhaps Ian and I could figure out the format of the show and put together a couple of episodes. All we need is videos and any decent footage of anything decent that people think would be of use. It won't work without your videos people!

the bongo said:
if it's the NYU thing, then they shot it on miniDV, so get a copy on that format, as that will be the best quality you can get. you can, if you want, get a dv to beta transfer in filmbase or a place on the 15b route that old knows (and i can't look up), and it'll cost you about 30 europes including the tape.

also, hello all.
'tis indeed the NYU thing - ta for de tips.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
'scuse my ignorance, but what's a PAL copy? I haven't asked them for one of those.

PAL is the broadcast standard we use here in Europe (except France). They use NTSC in America. They are two different ways to do the same thing but they are not compatible. It is the reason why an American tape won't play properly in a European machine.

Ian said:
pal runs at 25 fps where as ntsc runs at an odd 27point something fps
29.97 fps for NTSC and they have 525 lines per screen where we have 625. It all balances out and the image quality is fine on both but they are incompatible unless you have a special PAL/NTSC VCR.
I am such a nerd, but I teach this stuff if thats any defence.

aah... I was going to say just under 30 fps, but I knew there was a 7 in there somewhere... 27 point something ! what was I thinking...

Hup you go.

Hello all musicians with videos made and lamenting the loss of No Disco. Send me your videos and I will put them together into a Things/Thumped programme and we can try and get it shown on that NTL channel.

I think it's a good idea but it can't be done without your videos.

That is all.

here, doesn't making a video on miniDV make your video look 'futuristic' even if you don't want it to?

ok, so let me be sure i have this right... i've been sitting in my room recently, stumming away on the old acoustic... simple songs about love, loss and regret. and i've been thinking these songs are pretty good and it's about time i shared them with the rest of the world. problem is, i haven't got the first idea about recording or videos or any of that... i'm very precious about my music and i'm just scared if i use all this new hi-fi equipment, like that microphone (at least i think it's a microphone, it had some letters in the name) that egg_ was talking about and if i use digital recording instead of tape, i'm afraid it will end up sounding like the aphex twin. and if that wasn't bad enough, if i go to the trouble of making my video on mini-DV, i'm afraid robots will start appearing even where theyu're not supposed to be... helping pleasing. thanking.

Wilbert said:
Yes, Mini DV comes with Futurelook 3000 tm. It can't be removed and although your videos will look futuristic, you will find yourself thinking of the 80's.

hag said:
ok, so let me be sure i have this right... i've been sitting in my room recently, stumming away on the old acoustic... simple songs about love, loss and regret. and i've been thinking these songs are pretty good and it's about time i shared them with the rest of the world. problem is, i haven't got the first idea about recording or videos or any of that... i'm very precious about my music and i'm just scared if i use all this new hi-fi equipment, like that microphone (at least i think it's a microphone, it had some letters in the name) that egg_ was talking about and if i use digital recording instead of tape, i'm afraid it will end up sounding like the aphex twin. and if that wasn't bad enough, if i go to the trouble of making my video on mini-DV, i'm afraid robots will start appearing even where theyu're not supposed to be... helping pleasing. thanking.
Yes, you're tender acoustic song will become a twisted cyborg, bent on destruction. It is inevitable.

please to suggest a way i can retain the lonely twang of my heart strings?

Wilbert said:
Yes, you're tender acoustic song will become a twisted cyborg, bent on destruction. It is inevitable.

try wrapping them around your neck

HOYO¬!!!!! i joke i joke, i have nothing but love for my fellow posters

andrew

man, i'd hate to get into a fight with you... you make me nervous.
M.BISON said:
try wrapping them around your neck

HOYO¬!!!!! i joke i joke, i have nothing but love for my fellow posters

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back