pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Noah Hawley doing an Alien TV show....

Is there anything else you can share about it? Is it part of the Ripley story, or will it be original characters in a different time and place?

It’s not a Ripley story. She’s one of the great characters of all time, and I think the story has been told pretty perfectly, and I don’t want to mess with it. It’s a story that’s set on Earth also. The alien stories are always trapped… Trapped in a prison, trapped in a space ship. I thought it would be interesting to open it up a little bit so that the stakes of “What happens if you can’t contain it?” are more immediate.

Deadly things that can’t be contained and the whole world at risk? Sounds relevant to the past year.

On some level it’s also a story about inequality. You know, one of the things that I love about the first movie is how ’70s a movie it is, and how it’s really this blue collar space-trucker world in which Yaphet Kotto and Harry Dean Stanton are basically Waiting for Godot. They’re like Samuel Beckett characters, ordered to go to a place by a faceless nameless corporation. The second movie is such an ’80s movie, but it’s still about grunts. Paul Reiser is middle management at best. So, it is the story of the people you send to do the dirty work.

So... like, are the Aliens going to get up to things other than ripping humans to splattery shreds?

Like are the aliens going to have their own little stories, or is the story human, about humans padding about a world inhabited by things that can fuggin nerf you for fun.

Aliens hunt for fun right? Or instinct. They don't really need to eat humans, other than from the inside out during that whole gestation period, or no?

Mightn't be ALL bad having aliens knocking around. It would put a bit of excitement into things. Cop there pulling you over writing a ticket, you reach down for your license, turn around and you see nothing but shattered cop remains where cop once stood, and a shadow of something scampering off down the street, barely suppressing its giggling.

There was a sketch where life in a quiet English town was brightened up quite considerably when a sniper took up residence there and started picking people off.

What would happen if the aliens just felt deer were better craic, faster, frankly more challenging in general, and started hoovering them up.

There's a lot of parts of the US that could really benefit from this. The deer population is really throwing a lot of things out of wack.

So the whole series could take a hard ecological / wolves of Yellowstone turn, and encourage education surrounding keystone predator's importance in healthy animal populations.

David Attenborough can't just shoulder all this shit himself.

Middle aged aliens, worrying about whether or not they're gonna get the ride off the hot daddy alien doctor?

While simultaneously having to navigate a treacherous workplace, where sometimes their alien emotions just get the better of them when the baby alien dying from cancer brings things to a head.

Close on a soft music montage of a loan alien driving home, ALONE. A-FUCKING-GAIN.

What's an alien got to do to get a ride in these parts? Some days they just can't catch a break.

it's gonna be an alien version of 'bury my heart at wounded knee'*

*i have not read this book, so straight to the cancelled thread with me if i've ballsed up a cultural refence in an insensitive way.

On a related note, I painted miniature versions of Lt Gorman and Newt the other week. Happy with Gorman but need to soften Newt’s face - she’s a bit wizened looking.View attachment 14949
View attachment 14950
You always were an asshole Gorman.

Newt, my name's Newt. Nobody calls me Rebecca, except my brother.

Can you paint a full size pulse rifle and give it to me?

Lads, the alien child was sick as fuck here.

And the demands of a in many ways thankless job has ONCE AGAIN left the middle aged alien not getting any nookie tonight, like, for sure. Since they're DRIVING HOME TOTALLY ALONE.

TO A MUSIC BIT.

Whether or not she stops in to a gas station to rip the viscera out of an unsuspecting motorist is NOT. THE. FUCKING. POINT.

She's got a lot going on guys. Alien menopause is bearing down on her like some lunatic in one of those bright yellow loaders.

She's doing her alien best. It's pretty harsh.

Can there be little bollix alien kids, completely out bolixing the human kids?

The little bollix human kids are horrified, their whole livelihood, robbing things, throwing bottles, everything they worked at or lived for has now been wrested from their hands. By little bollix aliens.

Little bollix alien kids, who are starting to really blow up as influencers. Selling what was once street grown, organic little bollixness back to the very kids who used to be scared of the original little bollixes.

Then the alien kids start invading the hip hop scene. And doing a reasonable job of it.

There's phalanxes of bollix kids turning into Republicans at this point. This was never meant to be the way things shook out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back