vegan (fast) food around dublin? (2 Viewers)

actually, come to think of it most moderately sized towns will probably have a Chinese take-away which should do vegetarian/vegan options.

aoifed said:
I wouldn't trust many restaurants, especially Chineses, to cater for vegetarians, even where they offer a meat free option.
heh. one time in belfast i ordered a vegetable curry, brought it home and found out there was meat in it, brought it back and said 'i ordered a vegetable curry' and they said 'it has vegetables in it, so it's a vegetable curry'. madness.

Super Dexta said:
heh. one time in belfast i ordered a vegetable curry, brought it home and found out there was meat in it, brought it back and said 'i ordered a vegetable curry' and they said 'it has vegetables in it, so it's a vegetable curry'. madness.

So fussy. Couldn't you have just picked out the meat?

Couldn't you just pick out the meat?
Sure a bit of meat never hurt anyone
Sure chicken isn't really meat?
Does it matter what it's cooked in, there's no meat in it?

Abbath%20fuck%20off.jpg

frona said:
What about that cool bring-your-own-beer Chinese restaurant on Moore Street? I tell you, the things they can do with tofu and aubergines! And it's really cheap and Lidl is next door for the cheap beer. Oh wait, straight edge... anyway, the food is great apart from the bring-your-own-beerness! .|..| :) :heart:
I would be careful of that place, ramps' other half found meat (chicken skin I think) in her veggie meal there. Possibly twice.

Stan Bowles said:
I would be careful of that place, ramps' other half found meat (chicken skin I think) in her veggie meal there. Possibly twice.

ugh, after the deep fried guts debacle, id be reluctant to eat there again.

ramps said:
ugh, after the deep fried guts debacle, id be reluctant to eat there again.

They have dry fried guts too.
yum.
Really though, I wont hear a bad word said about the place, tis fuckin amazing food, really good prices, lovely staff and a secret karaoke room down the back. I :heart: the chinese on moore st. Veggie heaven.
the fried tofu in 'sauce'... amazing. and the chilli one
The hot and sour slip aubergine... I have no clue what slip means in that context but I love it.

jane said:
Cafe Fresh, in the Powerscourt Centre on South William St has nice vegan and veggie food, too. Not particularly cheap, but not bad as far as Dublin goes.

I got the most depressingly small sandwich in the world there.
only go if you have a polite hunger... nice looking food though.

mazzyianne said:
They have dry fried guts too.
yum.
Really though, I wont hear a bad word said about the place, tis fuckin amazing food, really good prices, lovely staff and a secret karaoke room down the back. I :heart: the chinese on moore st. Veggie heaven.
the fried tofu in 'sauce'... amazing. and the chilli one
The hot and sour slip aubergine... I have no clue what slip means in that context but I love it.

firts time we went it was nice. second time it was a bit barfy. i spent the whole time wondering about the state of their kitchens. ok, its better than msg crap but my stomach says no.

ramps said:
firts time we went it was nice. second time it was a bit barfy. i spent the whole time wondering about the state of their kitchens. ok, its better than msg crap but my stomach says no.

i think it's great. the only complaint i would have is that when you're in a big group of around 20 or whatever they tend not to bring your complete order out but still charge you for the whole lot. but in fairness for 10 quid a head (that's including a decent tip), and a gut filled to capacity i don't really care much.

rowdy row tinka said:
Go to Juice and puke your guts up afterwards theres only 4 restaurants in the whole of Dublin for Vegan food, would I be wrong? like , I have been lookin!

I think we've got more than 4 on this thread so far. And no one's mentioned the falafel places, falafel's vegan, ya just got to tell them no garlic sauce. The one by central bank is pretty good.
And Hot CHilli or whatever it's called, on kevin st (i think) just off Aungier st does nice falafel and not vegan but cheap pizza!! dunno if it's good though.

Anywhere decent opened since 06?

if your fond of falafell, theres a place beside zaytoons. Do amazingly good value and tasty falafell meal deals. Missus is as picky a veggie as you'll get and she loves it. They put a humussy sauce on everything, I dont think that has any yougurt in it tho..??

also madina(indian/pakistani) on mary st., has a whole separate veggie menu(catering for the hindus I guess). However, tis ghee filled, so veggie rather than veagn.

and of course, as the late lamented code ninja suggested, ricks real burgers is still knocking them out!

I like that Lebenese place on parliament st. (same one as above)

Botana on that street (extension of camden st) before the rathmines canal bridge do the best falafels in town with great humous to boot.

Rico's a few doors up is the best value falafel meal deal at a fiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back