vegan (fast) food around dublin? (1 Viewer)

Hi ,

I didnt read all 6 pages so hopefully im not repeating.

Govindas:

Middle Abbey Street off o'connell street beside the side entrance to Easons

Augier street.Go up South Georges street passed georges street arcade and hogans pub,go through cross roads its on the left.

Merrion Row.Walk up Grafton street heading towards St Stephens Green take a left at the top of Grafton.Pass the Shelbourne hotel and big Spar and its on the right hand side of the road before cross roads.

Juice.
South Georges Street

Cornucopia

Wicklow Street beside the International Bar.Start at the bottom of Grafton Street(Molly Malone) take the first right at Brown Thomas.Walk up wicklow street passing tower records , Cornucopia is on the right.

Subway

Maybe not Vegan but certainly handy for Veggies.There are subways all around Dublin City Centre get the veggie delight.

I think Fresh the vegan restaurant in Powerscourt Shopping was closed for a while by Health Autorties recentley!

http://www.juicerestaurant.ie/

www.govindas.ie

www.subway.ie

http://www.cornucopia.ie/

Enjoy your time in Dublin!:)

I think Fresh the vegan restaurant in Powerscourt Shopping was closed for a while by Health Autorties recentley!

It was, but if I stopped eating anywhere that had ever had a cockroach infestation then a hell of a lot of places in London and New York would be out of bounds. Went in for cake and coffee as usual over Xmas and am still alive.

What regular restaurants have good vegetarian and vegan options?
mao
long as you don't mind the implications

for takeaway the bombay pantry is fucking ace and not too expensive, my favourite takeaway thing ever is the baigan bhaji (curried aubergine) they do - fucking amazing. and great chana masala (chickpeas), tarka dal, aloo gobi (all vegan i think), vegetable and nut rice, the steamed broccoli with cumin and ginger is brilliant. most of the best vegan stuff is on the 'sides' menu.
and the sides are as big as a full meal. jaysis...i'm hungry

here's the menu
http://bombaypantry.com/downloads/menu.pdf

they've a few branches, one in clonskeagh, one in fairview...etc

Update: Borza's chipper in Sandymount now uses vegetable oil instead of animal fat. Yer wan behind the counter said it wasn't just veggies who were asking for it, and you have to move with the times. Hurrah!

I'm off to leicester for a week next monday for a total food holiday as its vegan indian heaven.

from the fifties and sixties leicester and on down to brum was alongside uganda the top destination for emigration for people from whatever part of india (south - kerala and neighbouring bits i think) where there are hindu vegans.

theres tonnes of vegetarian and / or pure vegetarian,vegan, no onion or garlic etc etc restaurants, theres one street with about 40 on it - gastronomic heaven for vegans - the uganda thing is mad as they were kicked out by idi amin and a lot headed to join family in leicester so theres loads of uganda photos in the restaurants and the travel agents do tours for young hindus to uganda go see where their roots are / parents lived rather than india.

bhel puri is the top dish from this area - crispy puri pieces in spicy sauces - like breakfast cereal dosed in spicy heaven juice - its amazing - ate 5 in a row from different shops last time i was there in an hour - munchie madness.

has all classses of restaurants from workers caffs to high end places - all doing pure vegan food

will be going there from a three day punk bash in glasgow involving a session with various miscreants from here such as gazzer, frona and mr trousers so god knows how many days of my week will be hangover hell rather than food heaven but totally recommend it as the best place i've been for vegans - some people go to amsteram or barcelona for the hols - for us its leicester.

bhel_puri1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back