vegan (fast) food around dublin? (2 Viewers)

I like that Lebenese place on parliament st. (same one as above)

Botana on that street (extension of camden st) before the rathmines canal bridge do the best falafels in town with great humous to boot.

Rico's a few doors up is the best value falafel meal deal at a fiver.

that botana's place is good. Ate there a few times before gigs in the lower deck. nothing like a stomach full of chick peas and hummus to set ya up for a night of rockin!!

that botana's place is good. Ate there a few times before gigs in the lower deck. nothing like a stomach full of chick peas and hummus to set ya up for a night of rockin!!

Before I moved back down here I'd eat in there or rico before or after every gig in the deck.

havent seen anywhere doing falafel in dublin til this thread. a happy discovery. only eaten stuff from blazing salads once. looked lovely but it was like a bucket of salt, chucked it after a few mouthfuls. yock.

there's a little veggie takeaway gaff in the arcade that runs between the head shop (beside city) disks and crow st. never eaten there but it looks cheap and tasty. anyone been?

havent seen anywhere doing falafel in dublin til this thread. a happy discovery. only eaten stuff from blazing salads once. looked lovely but it was like a bucket of salt, chucked it after a few mouthfuls. yock.
I thought fo you when they mentioned Blazing Salads! So disappointed that it was so salty. Their Spelt bread is bloody salty too, I had to throw it out it was so gross.
Been craving falafels, we're so gonna check out botana!

you know we'd be in there every day ;)

No! No food guilt. It would be like a confessional and then we would all be girl cliches.

We eat what we eat because we want it and sometimes it makes us happy to eat nice food. All I need to knock the food guilt right out of me (apart from a nice bit of exercise and a day or two of a bit more restraint) is to think about all those flabless, rippled people whose diet includes little more than eating baked chicken breast out of tupperware every two hours and believe in such a thing as a 'bad food'. GROSS.

I had some physio done by this guy a couple of years ago, and ended up on his mailing list. He also does personal training, and he sends out these newsletters every month that are full of really preachy bullshit about how there are no excuses for eating soy or carbs or whatever. They just make me more resolute not to listen to patronising fucks like him. If you ever want some aversion therapy, I'll forward on his newsletters. They're like the kind of anti-fun bullshit you get from priests, only they're from a self-satisfied gym prick.

PS: It ain't cheap, but there are some nice things done by Natasha's Products, all raw food and stuff. The chocolate truffle things are fucking gorgeous, and I love the sprouted hummus and flax crackers. Srsly not cheap, but I like it. You can get it in health food places and I think Mortons of Ranelagh have it, and Caviston's.

Oh. And I think Liston's on Camden Street do great salads. Not all vegan, but plenty are, and you'll get a good lunch out of it.

No! No food guilt. It would be like a confessional and then we would all be girl cliches.

yeah. sometimes cliches=truth though. in the words of bruce hornsby, thats just the way it is (thanks bonsai superstar for getting that song stuck in my head). food guilt can fuck right off tomorrow anyway. going to avoca in kilmacanogue for an extended lunch. nomnomnom

are Natasha's Products on sale in the market off Temple Bar on Saturdays? Is she the one with the cool stall there? Really want to try her products. There are raw chocolate bars on sale in the health food shop on George's St (?) too but they're €4.99 a bar.

I definitely should feel guilty about that bar, that's far too much chocolate to eat in one go! that said, I did eat healthily for the rest of the day so it's not too bad :)

I hate all that no-carb-no-fun shite. I mean, I try to eat well most of the time and I know what's good and what's bad for me (and I'm probably a pain in the arse about food in some people's minds as I'm so picky over it) but I hate it when people making a sweeping generalisation like 'NO CARBS' without taking into consideration how many bloody good carbs there are out there.

are Natasha's Products on sale in the market off Temple Bar on Saturdays? Is she the one with the cool stall there? Really want to try her products. There are raw chocolate bars on sale in the health food shop on George's St (?) too but they're €4.99 a bar.

I definitely should feel guilty about that bar, that's far too much chocolate to eat in one go! that said, I did eat healthily for the rest of the day so it's not too bad :)

I hate all that no-carb-no-fun shite. I mean, I try to eat well most of the time and I know what's good and what's bad for me (and I'm probably a pain in the arse about food in some people's minds as I'm so picky over it) but I hate it when people making a sweeping generalisation like 'NO CARBS' without taking into consideration how many bloody good carbs there are out there.

Her stuff is pretty expensive because it's all raw and organic (or if she can't get organic, the best she can find), and it's made in a kitchen in Stoneybatter where, weirdly, there are no cookers or ovens, and it's not hot. Also, she's a class lass.

I'm trying to get food guilt out of my life. I make mostly healthy choices and I don't eat stuff that will make me ill (except for the cake-related face rash that I got despite my better judgement), but sometimes my choices are based on my mental health, like, "If I eat that chocolate, it will taste really good and I'll giggle because of it; it will make my day better and I will feel happier about life." In my book, that counts almost as much as the nutritional content.

Although sometimes I do have to ban junk food from the house. If I'm too lazy, I'll eat it mindlessly and not enjoy it and then spoil my appetite and feel icky.

We're meant to enjoy food, and if we weren't, we'd just take it in pill form instead. As long as you use some basic common sense and know what you can/can't eat, and get plenty of exercise that you enjoy, there's no need to worry about too many of the specifics.

All those knobs who want to make us paranoid that we aren't eating with the precision of a chemistry experiment, they just want us to have a complex so they can make money off us. Screw them. We need fewer food issues, not more.

...ninety nine prercent of chips are cooked in oil with fish and sausage and other meat so really arent veggie either so ,.....

chip loving vegans rejoice.. the above is not true. i worked in a chipshop for a few years and my auntie and uncle used to own one also. chips are cooked in a smaller separate fryer to the meat, most counters have a three or four fryers. fish/sausages etc have to be cooked at a higher temperature as i recall.. also if you cooked it all together you'd get batter on your chips. the thing you really have to check is if its cooked in lard or not and feck knows why they do that cos it tastes vile.

there's a little veggie takeaway gaff in the arcade that runs between the head shop (beside city) disks and crow st. never eaten there but it looks cheap and tasty. anyone been?

Didn't even know it existed and I was working on crow st lots.

govindas cooks most stuff with ghee which is butter i think

A bloody hell, Govindas was always my port of call when visiting Dublin for vegan grub. That's a pity, Quay Co-op and Cafe Paradiso in Cork are about the best in my opinion. Any good fast food in Limerick for vegan grub (planning a visit)?

also madina(indian/pakistani) on mary st., has a whole separate veggie menu(catering for the hindus I guess). However, tis ghee filled, so veggie rather than veagn.

A lot of indian places are willing to do their veggie dishes in vegetable oil instead of ghee if you ask them to, it's always worth checking, or asking if they can cater for you if you warn them in advance.

Oh and some chippers in Dublin do cook in lard, not beef dripping :-o

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back