vegan (fast) food around dublin? (2 Viewers)

eliXsin

hi guys!
i'm a german vegan straight edge guy and i will travel ireland for 8 days from the 12th to 20th of april.
so i dont want to eat only chips in this 8 days, so i need help.
where can i get some vegan food around the area of dublin?
or in general: which dishes that i find all over the country are vegan?

thank you for your help!

take care!

eli

Theres a veggie/vegan restraunt called Cornucopia. Forget the name of the street. But it does loads of cheapish lovely good. In the city centre as well. Soup there is absolutley deadly!

Govindas on aungier street is good and you could call it fast i suppose.

www.govindas.ie

Ciaran Mackle said:
Theres a veggie/vegan restraunt called Cornucopia. Forget the name of the street. But it does loads of cheapish lovely good. In the city centre as well. Soup there is absolutley deadly!
exchequer street.

eliXsin said:
so i dont want to eat only chips in this 8 days, so i need help.

I had a French lecturer in college who loved to tell us that all we Irish did was eat chips in our shiny tracksuits.

And her with her mad buckteeth and her sleeveless jumpers with wings on the shoulders.

Pfft.

Do people from the continent have a perception that we only eat chips? Why?

jane said:
Cafe Fresh, in the Powerscourt Centre on South William St has nice vegan and veggie food, too. Not particularly cheap, but not bad as far as Dublin goes.

What are their chips like?

some of the bagels in the epicurean food hall on middle abbey street are vegan, there's some other places in there that do vegan food too.
quay co-op if you get to cork is great, there's plenty of health food shops around the country if you are feeling peckish. what parts of ireland are you going to?

Some deli counters in supermarkets in town do cheap mixed chilli beans and cous cous.

Blazing salads, that street on the other side of st georges street arcade, they do great vegan salads, wraps, cakes and pizza.

I'm more partial to an apple and a roll full of thai rings.

"Sal'n'vinegar?"

"yeah, loads please"

Most chippers are italian though arent they? Are spice burgers originally from italy?

I wouldn't mind a bit of culatello di zibello to go with my single and 7up.

govindas cooks most stuff with ghee which is butter i think, mind you ninety nine prercent of chips are cooked in oil with fish and sausage and other meat so really arent veggie either so ,.....

bohs punks said:
govindas cooks most stuff with ghee which is butter i think, mind you ninety nine prercent of chips are cooked in oil with fish and sausage and other meat so really arent veggie either so ,.....

govindas uses dairy but as far as i know its from their own specially kept organic free range cows. part of hare krishna eating has to do with only eating things that were made with love or something. they dont use onions though, maybe thats cuz they make u cry, and they dont use garlic cuz it makes yr fingers smelly? if u were going to break yr edge i'd say govindas is a good place to do it..

In fairness now, the only hot food really worth it's price in Govinda's is the cheese curd. They over cook the taste out of their vegetables. ugh. Can't stomach overcooked food.
They do an alright samosa

Blazing Salads is on Drury St.
Juice, more of a restaurant, is on Georges st.

There's a lot of coffee shops that have at least one nice vegan sambo on the menu:

Cafe Irie in Temple Bar off the side of the central bank
CYO on Wexford Street
that's all I can remember.

my mate Phil was saying they do three types of veggie burgers in MacDonalds in the UK, but not over here....whats that about eh?

aoifed said:
In fairness now, the only hot food really worth it's price in Govinda's is the cheese curd. They over cook the taste out of their vegetables. ugh. Can't stomach overcooked food.
They do an alright samosa

Blazing Salads is on Drury St.
Juice, more of a restaurant, is on Georges st.

There's a lot of coffee shops that have at least one nice vegan sambo on the menu:

Cafe Irie in Temple Bar off the side of the central bank
CYO on Wexford Street
that's all I can remember.

love them all, cornucopia, blazing salads, irie, govindas, etc....

but they're so bleeeeeeeeeeeedin expensive! argh!

is irie still weird by the way? like i remember tom. saying it had completely changed from the way it used to be or something

What about that cool bring-your-own-beer Chinese restaurant on Moore Street? I tell you, the things they can do with tofu and aubergines! And it's really cheap and Lidl is next door for the cheap beer. Oh wait, straight edge... anyway, the food is great apart from the bring-your-own-beerness! .|..| :) :heart:

thank you a lot, guys!
i noted down all the addresses and i hope i will find to way to at least one of the veggie restaurants ;)

take care,

xElix

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back