US Presidential Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i bet arnold's only delighted

so will results be coming in all day tommorow or only late at night?
I'd say it will be late at night, with the time difference and all that. You can expect results for New York and New Jersey earlier than California. I'm quite excited, the Democratic race still appears to be open although I still think Hilary will win. So it looks like my favourite of the republican nominees will be up against my least favourite democrat. Still, Obama seems to be gaining some ground.

hahaha I missed that one.
I bet Arnold is whatever he is told to be.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,2251854,00.html

Clinton started by evoking the very mythology of which her candidacy is the most blatant repudiation. "What's great about our political system is that we are all judged on our own merits," she says. "We start from the same place. Nobody has an advantage no matter who you are or where you came from ... You have to make the case for yourself."

Really? So who is that bruiser with the generous Rolodex and secret service protection, race-baiting his way around the campaign trail making her case on her behalf? Why does he raise memories of his own legacy at least as often as he raises the promise of her candidacy, while slipping from "I" to "we"?

Weh weh.

it's quite possible super tuesday won't decide it. apparently they're neck and neck. should be a in'eresting few weeks.

lads, the democratic race is over. they've decided to hedge their bets in the form of hillbamabot08!
obama_clinton_split.jpg

I heard Obama and Clinton on the radio earlier doing speeches.

I was nearly crying listening to Obama, he was very stirring and passionate altogether.

Clinton sounded like she was doing a reading at mass :(

some american dude on Sky News called Obama 'Denzel Washington'. He went on to paraphrase a line from Rocky II "men want to be him, women want to be with him".

some american dude on Sky News called Obama 'Denzel Washington'. He went on to paraphrase a line from Rocky II "men want to be him, women want to be with him".

There's got to be a blog where someone is keeping track of all the black men who have been declared 'safe for whites' to whom Obama is being compared. God help America if no one is doing this. It's not funny, but it is hilarious.

He's been compared to the Kennedys, in that way he can send a shiver up your spine when he speaks, but it's like the media are that awkward uncle at Thanksgiving, and you've just brough Sidney Poitier for dinner.

"Oh, aren't you a well-spoken fellow! Just like that Martin King. I knew a black lad once, worked for me, and worked a damn sight harder than all those Poles I hired!"

"Uhhh, thanks. I went to Harvard."

"Oh, did you get that confirmative action?"

SOMEONE PASS THE FUCKING POTATOES ALREADY.

I think they'll be another terrorist attack, George W. will suspend elections and declare marshal law.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/FBI_program_alleged_to_prepare_businesses_0208.html
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]FBI program alleged to prepare businesses for martial law[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Friday February 8, 2008[/FONT][/FONT]
"A public-private partnership program on infrastructure preparedness and protection run by the Federal Bureau of Investigation allegedly has briefed its corporate members on the possibility of martial law and the use of lethal force, according to an exclusive report in the magazine The Progressive."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back