US politics (2 Viewers)

Yes but you don't win by campaigning on never being able to achieve anything. In this specific case, you get in, show you can do a certain amount of stuff with your hands tied and then you win the midterms. Most of his policies are remarkably popular anyway, who knows what might happen.

I agree, and if he were to win I imagine the house will be broadly supportive of implementing the agenda he'll be pushing.

Actually I just re-checked and this year and 2022 are actually the years where the Dems can win the senate , there are nearly twice as many republican senators going for reelection in those election years as dems. So you never know. The big slate of sitting dems won't be up for reelection till 2024.

That whole 6 year term thing they do is weird.

We'd probably have to stop shipping wholesale accountability for our jobs market to external forces and stop being fake rich.
It's not really fake rich though, is it? Well to some extent it is but also in real terms we do extremely well out of multinationals.

Hmm can't see those policies of Bernie's really affecting the presence of FB/Google/Amazon/etc here, at least not the actual software/sysop/data centre stuff. They're not really outsourcing American jobs, they're just scouring the world for people who can do the work

Hmm can't see those policies of Bernie's really affecting the presence of FB/Google/Amazon/etc here, at least not the actual software/sysop/data centre stuff. They're not really outsourcing American jobs, they're just scouring the world for people who can do the work
Maybe, but i'm inclined to think that if this were the case then we could raise our corporation taxes without an issue.

/me squints

I don't see the connection. Would Google have fewer workers available to them if they moved their EMEA HQ to, say, London or Berlin? Doubt it.
They'd pay a higher corporate tax rate though. All workers being equal(ly unimportant) you go where you go for tax reasons.

... but in any case, it'd be v simple for the tech giants to argue that they're not outsourcing American jobs. I expect there aren't too many unemployed software engineers in the US. There are very few anywhere atm
Yes probably, I'm genuinely unsure as to what the answer here is.

As far as I can work out the Buttigieg team are actually trying to get them to retroactively change the Iowa Caucus rules so the votes in predominantly people of color areas are worth less?

The better attack, that I do see a few are carrying out, is pointing towards the low voter turnout in Iowa as proof that Bernie can't get out the vote and will pull a Corbyn if nominated. Having said that, looking at the figures it seems to me that more people in general voted/participated in this Caucus than in 2016 and Bernie won (just barely in fairness) with the entire media against him...

Suppose we'll see what happens in New Hampshire. Looks like they're gonna drag out declaring an official winner in Iowa for all time.

Need to get Bernie Sanders singing this at a rally

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

oo-ok...how come I'm only discovering this now?
It's the best song ever written! The video used to freak me out at around 1AM on MTV's Alternative Nation when I was a teenager. It's like the last alternative hit before the internet ruined everything.

I agree, and if he were to win I imagine the house will be broadly supportive of implementing the agenda he'll be pushing.

Actually I just re-checked and this year and 2022 are actually the years where the Dems can win the senate , there are nearly twice as many republican senators going for reelection in those election years as dems. So you never know. The big slate of sitting dems won't be up for reelection till 2024.

That whole 6 year term thing they do is weird.
Congress is every two years

Mental for those lads,basically always trying to keep the gig

ETA
(ungendered lads)

I was watching a piece about Rush Limbaugh. Trump gave him the medal of freedom.
How is it that all the right wing media pundits are just horrible bastards?
I can't think of any of them that are in any way likeable.
They love annoying the liberals I know that but their awful media personas seem to crossover into real life as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back