US politics (9 Viewers)

Look it's gonna be either the platinum blonde burger king Trump who recently gave up the beauty pageant business to become the president of the USA or else Sanders who is nothing less than a commie jew ! (and the people who are banking on Sanders are ones that got to watch the miserable demise of one useless cunt called Corbyn). So basically it's Trump ! Now the second term for any US president is always the most precarious for forgein policy but guess what Trump doesn't give a shit about anywhere that is outside of America anyway. It might even be worthwhile to piss off all the "it was Russia" sore loser assholes who dominated the news headlines for years after the election with that utter garbage conspiracy theory. I meantime we will witness one most ridiculous and dirty election campaigns in the history of the US and basically a general weakening of US power as in Brexit. I for one won't be watching it life was better when I didn't follow politics. I never even heard of that Obama dickhead until he was in his second term. The upside is that Americans will still be able to get there wings and beer at hooters.

I for one hope the "commie jew" proves you wrong but you may lord it over me if he does not.

Last edited:
Ah well Bernie is interesting in fairness and he very nearly did snag the nomination from Hillary so not a lightweight either depends on how much support Trump has I suppose.

I'd imagine they are voters also who will support anyone that is not Trump or whoever becomes his main opposition presuming he is in the running himself of course.

This is a nice video, some of the kinds of people Sanders wants to rally behind him *- whether he manages to or not is a whole different thing of course.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

*everyone

I'd imagine they are voters also who will support anyone that is not Trump or whoever becomes his main opposition presuming he is in the running himself of course.
Trump has been campaigning for this since Jan 2017

Most Democrats will support the Dem nominee
Except Bernie supporters, a lot of whom find the idea morally vexing

I wonder if Pete Buttigieg is the nominee will Trump use Buttigieg's homosexuality to attack him?
I'm guessing he would. There's no line the fucker won't cross.

I wonder if Pete Buttigieg is the nominee will Trump use Buttigieg's homosexuality to attack him?
I'm guessing he would. There's no line the fucker won't cross.
I mean he would
But Petey Pete's probably got other things that Trump would pick out
And if they attack his gayness, it might be more by proxy - FOx News bemoaning no kids in the WHite House or some shit like that, just to remind you he doesn't do P&V sex

If Trump does start attacking Pete, you'll know he's afraid of him
Biden's looking like a busted flush, so it's between Pete and Bloomberg on the moderate side

In my head I’d been pronouncing it Butt-geg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Boot-edge-edge (quickly)

That's a great tie on Bernie.
Michael Corleone wears a similar one at the end of the Godfather.

Listening to a thing here saying how Bernie winning states isn't much of an indication because for him it's all about delegates. Bernie could win every state on Super Tuesday and still lose because if he doesn't have the 1,990 delegates on the first round of voting at the convention they'll sink him in the second count when the purchased superdelegates are in.

Basically it's not a normal election and all the standard rules and indicators don't apply.

Last edited:
Listening to a thing here saying how Bernie winning states isn't much of an indication because for him it's all about delegates. Bernie could win every state on Super Tuesday and still lose because if he doesn't have the 1,990 delegates on the first round of voting at the convention they'll sink him in the second count when the purchased superdelegates are in.

Basically it's not a normal election and all the standard rules and indicators don't apply.
But will all the superdelegates be so against him this time again? Particularly if Biden looks like a non-runner?

But will all the superdelegates be so against him this time again? Particularly if Biden looks like a non-runner?

They've changed the rules this time so that it probably helps Sanders more than the rules would have in 2016. Superdelegatess don't vote in the first round this year so 1990 is a lower threshold to target. In 2016 he would have needs something like 2,300 with the superdelegates voting.

The problem this year (aside from the superdelegates existing in the first place) is that in the second round ALL delegates become unpledged which means they can vote for whoever they want. A vote that'd probably be more representative of the Democratic Party base would be to retain the pledged delegates into the second round where you introduce the superdelegates and then in the third round make it unpledged because if you get to that stage there will need to be some sort of brokered convention.

TL;DR - The new rules actually help Bernie, but the process still stinks a bit.

Not all but I think they're running on the assumption that they will. A lot of people have noted that Bloomberg has been racking up endorsements from mayors across the country so there's a fair chance he can buy anyone who is there to be bought.

The Intercept went into it here last year, and I'm not gonna pretend my understanding doesn't start to leave my brain about halfway through, but this sticks out:

“In the event of a brokered convention, the donors and lobbyists will insist that the party nominate the establishment candidate,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back