Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
I don't know who these people are or what a GOP is

can someone illustrate this in a diagram? use smiley faces for the good guys and frowny faces for the bad guys

thanks

but the guy who beat him is a tea-party supporter who defeated him by appealing to racists?

so..... yay?

Turnout for the primary was really low, everyone just assumed that Cantor, with his high ranking position, was a dead cert so didn't go out. He'd win another vote in a landslide tomorrow. Basically a massive asshole who had a lot of power is gone (he was very likely going to be the speaker of the house after the next elections), and been replaced by a massive asshole who won't have much power.

Both the Dem and the GOP nominees for that seat are lecturers at the same university.

Turnout for the primary was really low, everyone just assumed that Cantor, with his high ranking position, was a dead cert so didn't go out. He'd win another vote in a landslide tomorrow. Basically a massive asshole who had a lot of power is gone (he was very likely going to be the speaker of the house after the next elections), and been replaced by a massive asshole who won't have much power.

Both the Dem and the GOP nominees for that seat are lecturers at the same university.

Turnout was actually quite high for a primary.

Cantor knew he was in trouble and has been pumping money into this race for weeks, but he couldn't beat the impression that he was weak on immigration. He was roundly booed at the debate.
Talk radio has been lambasting him.

The schadenfraude here is that the GOP are in disarray.

This has never ever happened before - a congressional leader losing in a primary.
Never.

I don't know who these people are or what a GOP is

can someone illustrate this in a diagram? use smiley faces for the good guys and frowny faces for the bad guys

thanks

GOP is Grand Old Party - shorthand for the Republican party.

Like calling the Conservatives the Tories.

but the guy who beat him is a tea-party supporter who defeated him by appealing to racists?

so..... yay?

Well, if the Republicans want to tear themselves apart, then I've got popcorn.
It is no surprise to anyone that there are pockets of racist reactionaries in Virginia.

This fella with his banned Ted Talk is predicting that America can't sustain it's inequality

The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats - Nick Hanauer - POLITICO Magazine

If we don’t do something to fix the glaring inequities in this economy, the pitchforks are going to come for us. No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality. In fact, there is no example in human history where wealth accumulated like this and the pitchforks didn’t eventually come out. You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a police state. Or an uprising. There are no counterexamples. None. It’s not if, it’s when.

wouldn't that be nice?

As for pitch-forked plutocrats, I can't see it happening anytime soon.

Me either. Too many Americans are convinced they're gonna hit the lottery or become famous and rich. There is nowhere near the critical mass needed for upheaval.

Just for the record, I don't have rich mates. I was just at a party with some monied folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back