Upcoming Gigs of Interest (2 Viewers)

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Supergrass in the Olympia next February. Big pang of nostalgia hit when I saw they touring again. Was a huge fan back in the day. Haven't listened to them in years Slaved away learning guitar tabs etc of the first two albums as a teenager. Surely would pay majority of material from the earlier, more successful, generally much better years. Even their early b sides used to be brilliant
I'm really iffy about going. Their first two albums are still faultless alright, and they have at least some great singles afterwards but God I dunno, NOSTALGIA GIGS. Has it come to to this?

dunderhead

Threads
Never owned any of their records but I always thought they were a great festival band. Enjoyed them many times.
Yeah, only saw them a couple of times around 2001 or 2002. Academy in Dublin and Reading Festival. Would imagine it'll sell out reasonably quickly.

dunderhead

Threads
I'm really iffy about going. Their first two albums are still faultless alright, and they have at least some great singles afterwards but God I dunno, NOSTALGIA GIGS. Has it come to to this?
i hear ya. 90s bands in particular are loving making a bit of wonga off nostalgia. Can't say I was surprised to see this crowd come back. The majority of what I'd want to hear would be from the first two aswell as I've never really seen that stuff live aside from a short festival slot.

sleepy

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
i hear ya. 90s bands in particular are loving making a bit of wonga off nostalgia. Can't say I was surprised to see this crowd come back. The majority of what I'd want to hear would be from the first two aswell as I've never really seen that stuff live aside from a short festival slot.
Saw them in the Olympia just after the second album came out. That was over 20 years ago. They were excellent. Probably not going to this though, I'm with Lili on this, I find nostalgia gigs kind of grim.

prefuse

Threads
I used to be anti band reunions when I was younger, but now I'm old & jaded, & I wouldn't begrudge (almost) any band the chance to make a few quid. They don't all live the MTV cribs lifestyle.

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
I used to be anti band reunions when I was younger, but now I'm old & jaded, & I wouldn't begrudge (almost) any band the chance to make a few quid. They don't all live the MTV cribs lifestyle.
oh absolutely, I don't begrudge them it at all but not sure I'm interested in going meself.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I’m going to that Bertolt Brecht thing with Ute Lemper, Blixa Bargeld, Gavin Friday, Camille O’Sullivan, etc. tonight and tomorrow night at the NCH.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

We're listening to...

• Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads