Upcoming Gigs of Interest (6 Viewers)

Supergrass in the Olympia next February. Big pang of nostalgia hit when I saw they touring again. Was a huge fan back in the day. Haven't listened to them in years Slaved away learning guitar tabs etc of the first two albums as a teenager. Surely would pay majority of material from the earlier, more successful, generally much better years. Even their early b sides used to be brilliant
I'm really iffy about going. Their first two albums are still faultless alright, and they have at least some great singles afterwards but God I dunno, NOSTALGIA GIGS. Has it come to to this?

Never owned any of their records but I always thought they were a great festival band. Enjoyed them many times.
Yeah, only saw them a couple of times around 2001 or 2002. Academy in Dublin and Reading Festival. Would imagine it'll sell out reasonably quickly.

I'm really iffy about going. Their first two albums are still faultless alright, and they have at least some great singles afterwards but God I dunno, NOSTALGIA GIGS. Has it come to to this?

i hear ya. 90s bands in particular are loving making a bit of wonga off nostalgia. Can't say I was surprised to see this crowd come back. The majority of what I'd want to hear would be from the first two aswell as I've never really seen that stuff live aside from a short festival slot.

i hear ya. 90s bands in particular are loving making a bit of wonga off nostalgia. Can't say I was surprised to see this crowd come back. The majority of what I'd want to hear would be from the first two aswell as I've never really seen that stuff live aside from a short festival slot.

Saw them in the Olympia just after the second album came out. That was over 20 years ago. They were excellent. Probably not going to this though, I'm with Lili on this, I find nostalgia gigs kind of grim.

I used to be anti band reunions when I was younger, but now I'm old & jaded, & I wouldn't begrudge (almost) any band the chance to make a few quid. They don't all live the MTV cribs lifestyle.

I used to be anti band reunions when I was younger, but now I'm old & jaded, & I wouldn't begrudge (almost) any band the chance to make a few quid. They don't all live the MTV cribs lifestyle.
oh absolutely, I don't begrudge them it at all but not sure I'm interested in going meself.

I’m going to that Bertolt Brecht thing with Ute Lemper, Blixa Bargeld, Gavin Friday, Camille O’Sullivan, etc. tonight and tomorrow night at the NCH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back