Unsigned... (1 Viewer)

as a recent joiner inner here at thumped, I do have to say that the conversation does sometimes acquire that "let's argue over semantics" music snobbery feeling about it. Then again, I love such passion driven crap-shoots myself...so no complaints.

I agree that many of us whould accept the chance to make a living making music...but this would have to be under the right conditions....don't wanna state the obvious here but we have to qualify what we say...I say yes to being signed if true creative freedom remains.....and therefore, in gerneral, I say no to being signed. None of these words are dirty....aint it just decent church going folks/musicians/artists trying to achieve what they want on their own terms.

Bickering over how we express this is futile...but great fun! FIGHT! FIGHT! Millee-oh, Millee-oh!

people...where is the love?
arn'tbands on lables okay too? arn't they? like ac/dc or prince?
now do you want to act like the real UN or do you want to bicker and squabble over semantics.

music is funny, isnit. it's like... 10per cent positive and 90 percent negative.. for every tune that makes you feel good and makes life worth while, or every album that occurs to you on the way home and ye go, deadly, can't wait to get back, turn the heating on and curl up and listen to that.. there seems to bee LOADS of bollocks that wrecks the head. i'm no scientist here (help me herv) but if you went to a restuarant and the food was only decent one in ten times, ye wouldn't go back. so here's the rub. give up the music. imagine the stress just disapearing... ace. i think it's time we combined our collective vitriol to destroy music. who's in?

there once was an ugly duckling

id sign to a major label in a flash.. ask damien. we had great fights about it back in the day. i just thing that IU guy is getting reaally aggressive and needs to take a chill pill and everyone has to say that things and IU are both great in their own ways, but that those ways are a little different. IU seems to want to help bands get signed, and things wants to show people how to do things without getting signed.

Lifes too short PeeWee. It's just a fucking word. Just play music and be happy doing it. Simple.

PeeWee (09 Feb, 2002 04:05 p.m.):
What is with the use of the word "Unsigned" on these pages these days... Its beginning to really piss me off.
Its becoming as offencive to me as the words "Non national"... The so called nice way to say "Nigger".
Stoppit...

I wish the record company that System of a Down are signed to had turned up at the mixing stage of their latest album and said something like "hey guys, I love it but can you just mute tracks 1 to 5, the vocal parts?"

Reminds me of Anthrax/Maiden/Spermbirds.

what? who? did someone say someone is being over-aggressive? if so i say "hi, i don't think we've met ... have i told you you're full of shit?"

5 or so days later
[ross dorkens]
me and my friend doobie were talking the other day about how rough a time IU was given on thumped. on behalf of all the non-aggressive people here, i'd like to say "bring back IU, we love you."
[/ross dorkens]

i'm in *so* much trouble now...

I don't have to wait 5 days.
The slagging of IU is bollocks.
Particularly on the Things board because then my involvement in Things makes it seem like I agree with the pointless slagging.
This isn't a closed forum where it's like whispering to a mate.
We asked Pete to make the Things part viewable to all, so I advocate a bit of thought about what's said, particularly there.

Personally, I'd only accept slagging of bands who want to be signed or IU from someone with no major label records in their collection.
Derek Gearhead Nation is reputed to have none, how about anyone else?

PS Hag, if I don't like something on here should I just fuck off somewhere else where everybody just, like, gets along? Ha, you're probably right...

joss (11 Feb, 2002 03:28 p.m.):
I don't have to wait 5 days.
The slagging of IU is bollocks.
Particularly on the Things board because then my involvement in Things makes it seem like I agree with the pointless slagging.
Point taken. Guess I forgot there's no disclaimer (which probably should be there) stating that all the people involved have very different opinions about lots of things.

We asked Pete to make the Things part viewable to all, so I advocate a bit of thought about what's said, particularly there.
We also asked pete to make it open posting so anyone can post to it. That's how Ron was able to reply to our criticisms. And I for one am very glad of it.

Personally, I'd only accept slagging of bands who want to be signed or IU from someone with no major label records in their collection.
Derek Gearhead Nation is reputed to have none, how about anyone else?
Heard he only bought them second hand. Still bought them mind. But hey that's just gossip.

I am a wordsmith and I like the clever use of words. [/quote]

but obviously not a spellingsmith though, are you?

hey, i'm unsigned within an independent band, can someone here arrange a cock-sucking that might ensure i get on the Rollercoaster Tour and maybe get "spotted" by an A and R man?

the bearded lady (11 Feb, 2002 04:29 p.m.):
I am a wordsmith and I like the clever use of words.

but obviously not a spellingsmith though, are you?

hey, i'm unsigned within an independent band, can someone here arrange a cock-sucking that might ensure i get on the Rollercoaster Tour and maybe get "spotted" by an A and R man?[/quote]
no i cant guarantee that, but i can arrange just a general cock sucking.

I played on the rollercoaster a couple of times as a support in different bands. One year this band played who were hanging out in the "Green Room" and I heard one guy saying to a guy with a camcorder that he was "planning on falling over in the first song so make sure to have the camera on me awree'?" This made me disillusioned.

It was the Glam Tarts who were headlining, says it all.

Another year it was Whipping Boy headlining. They "walked off" stage in protest at the crowd pushing up against the stage, even though there was about six people there. ha ha, dicks.

I became very depressed as a result of all of this.

joss:
PS Hag, if I don't like something on here should I just fuck off somewhere else where everybody just, like, gets along? Ha, you're probably right...

em... i thought everyone got along here. are we fighting now? (sure hope so..., i'd prefer to blacken some parts of your face before you become too good at kicking air) i thought freedom of speech meant just that, to be able to say no matter what it is you want... the world is full of bullies, some have black hair and some have brown. but none have silky blonde hair like me. you have mousey brown wirey curls and don't deny it. and as for hp or you and hp when you get together ... that's just sick.

i think there are far to many people here getting kicks out of holding fudge... and if one of those fudge pieces is for me, then any hater of mine is, by default, a lover of the person holding that piece of fudge. you know, 2 people can play in the *play*ground. or should i say *gay*ground in your case...

i know when i'm wong, i'm a weas(onab)le person. i'm not a beotch. if i don't like something someone is doing, they know about it. from me. i'd recommend this course of action to anyone ... 'leaves far less room for nasty surprises...

you'd wanna watch yourself or i'll challenge you to a *rap out* - this might infuriate you, you'll call me names, a game i'm king at, and you'll lose, spitting furious bold names at me on your way to, oh i don't know, the belle and sebastian notice board? are you interested in world peace?

hag *hearts* joss (not in the way he'd like me to though)

hag (11 Feb, 2002 01:45 p.m.):
what? who? did someone say someone is being over-aggressive? if so i say "hi, i don't think we've met ... have i told you you're full of shit?"

5 or so days later
[ross dorkens]
me and my friend doobie were talking the other day about how rough a time IU was given on thumped. on behalf of all the non-aggressive people here, i'd like to say "bring back IU, we love you."
[/ross dorkens]

i'm in *so* much trouble now...

HAG! YOU FUCKIN' CUNTBUCKET! i hate everyone in the whole fuckin' world, especially path and IU and things and pete and thumped and joss and you and pricks and.. - you fuckin' prick, how dare you imply i had something to do with the dorkens/colley path on the back episode!

you are in SO much touble.
now, pat, about that cock-suck?

jesus is it me or has it just gotten like the inside of a William Burroghs book in here?

hag belched:
are we fighting now?
and some other stuff that went on for ages

Course we're not fighting, you big galoot.
I just think it's worth remembering that when anyone writes here it can reflect on the perception of Thumped.
Similarly, on the Things board it can reflect on the perception of Things.
And you were the very fella who went crazy about the mail to that PR woman because you din't like someone speaking for you without czeching it out.

Re: 'I Say What I Mean', if you spoke to people in real life like you do on the board you'd have a few more bumps on that big ol' head.
Jeekers. Your write something on the internet, next thing Hag's coming over all bent :)

joss (12 Feb, 2002 10:46 a.m.):
hag belched:
are we fighting now?
and some other stuff that went on for ages

Course we're not fighting, you big galoot.
I just think it's worth remembering that when anyone writes here it can reflect on the perception of Thumped.
Similarly, on the Things board it can reflect on the perception of Things.
And you were the very fella who went crazy about the mail to that PR woman because you din't like someone speaking for you without czeching it out.

Re: 'I Say What I Mean', if you spoke to people in real life like you do on the board you'd have a few more bumps on that big ol' head.
Jeekers. Your write something on the internet, next thing Hag's coming over all bent :)

hag called over to me last night and we drew pictures of joss and dudley on each other's balls with our mammy's lipsticks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back