Unpopular Opinions (2 Viewers)

Positive people aren't people who've skated through life and think everything is sunshine & rainbows.
They're positive because they've been through hell and the chaos that goes with it, and decided not to live there anymore.

Positive people aren't people who've skated through life and think everything is sunshine & rainbows.
They're positive because they've been through hell and the chaos that goes with it, and decided not to live there anymore.
That's total bollocks.

It might be true in your particular situation, but not generally.

Mmm disagree.

There are people who have had an easy sheltered life and have never experienced struggles, poverty or systemic hatred

silver-lining.jpg

That's total bollocks.

It might be true in your particular situation, but not generally.
It's true in my experience more than my situation

The people I know that are the most focused and positive about their lives, are the ones who have been through really godawful, horrible shit.
They have somehow found a way to get through it, and rise above it.

Mmm disagree.

There are people who have had an easy sheltered life and have never experienced struggles, poverty or systemic hatred
Yeah, there are people like that for sure. But in my experience, the privileged are as likely to be moany pissy complainers as they are to be the other way 'round.

Just saying that splitting the world into
- People who have had hard things happen to them and are pessimistic and therefore correct about the world
- People who have only known brightness and light and are optimistic and haven't a clue about the 'real world'
is an utterly FALSE dynamic

Last edited:
It's true in my experience more than my situation

The people I know that are the most focused and positive about their lives, are the ones who have been through really godawful, horrible shit.
They have somehow found a way to get through it, and rise above it.

Yeah, there are people like that for sure. But in my experience, the privileged are as likely to be moany pissy complainers as they are to be the other way 'round.

Just saying that splitting the world into
- People who have had hard things happen to them and are pessimistic and therefore correct about the world
- People who have only known brightness and light and are optimistic and haven't a clue about the 'real world'
is an utterly FALSE dynamic

As has been said, that is a legit unpopular opinion, so fair play.

I don't see it though. There's positive people, there's realistic people. Most negative people, in my experience, tend to have an ulcer or a sleeping disorder or a substance abuse problem.

Or be from Bolton.

Some positive people are exhausting.

Who here was on about people who eat spicy food to replace the recreational drugs they used to take?

I've been keeping an eye on that theory, looks legit in my tiny social group so far

I know a positive person that's the first person that springs to mind as 'positive person'. They're a total melter with no taste that likes the odd good thing and absolutely tonnes of complete shit. They're quite boring as a person as well, which is linked to not having any taste so not being able to talk about anything actually interesting. They're also totally self-centred and definitely coddled/sheltered growing up, they expect everyone to do things to help them and they have little interest in helping other people out with things, unless specifically asked. They are basically relentlessly positive though.

I know a positive person that's the first person that springs to mind as 'positive person'. They're a total melter with no taste that likes the odd good thing and absolutely tonnes of complete shit. They're quite boring as a person as well, which is linked to not having any taste so not being able to talk about anything actually interesting. They're also totally self-centred and definitely coddled/sheltered growing up, they expect everyone to do things to help them and they have little interest in helping other people out with things, unless specifically asked. They are basically relentlessly positive though.

This is the kind of positive person I'm talking about.
Maybe DMP meant something else.

This sounds like anti depressants

Well, I can't vouch for anyone being fun.
And I'm not gonna push back on the view that pessimistic people find positive people off-putting.

But the people I am thinking of have been through some shit; life tragedies, major illness, disability, abuse, addiction, and so on. The shit we've all been through.
And found a way to thrive through it all.

The idea that the only positive people are a bunch of private schooled/trust fund assholes doesn't hold with my experience.

I don't think I know any super positive people that match any of the descriptions above. I know some theatre people and some Americans who are inclined to exaggerate how good things are, but I don't think that's what ye mean is it?

Some positive people are exhausting.

Who here was on about people who eat spicy food to replace the recreational drugs they used to take?

I've been keeping an eye on that theory, looks legit in my tiny social group so far

Are we allowed to enjoy both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back