Unpopular Opinions (4 Viewers)

image being the bass player in Coldplay. Absolutely minted yet still able to shop in Tesco without anyone noticing.
what if the poor bastard's goal all along was fame?

And he's out there, in Tescos, over by the bakery section, with the haircut and a FUCKING COLDPLAY T-SHIRT ON, and still no one recognizes him.

Lad must be wondering what more he needs to do. I've sold millions of records lads. I've toured the world, shown to millions every night. And not ONE of you cunts knows who I am?

That's nice sir. There's a queue forming. What would you like written on the cake?

Happy Birthday Mags.

You pick it up over there sir, it'll be about 10 minutes. Next please.

In fairness it'd be Sainsbury's or ASDA. The colour scheme in Tesco has a bit too much contrast to it. Has been to ALDI once, didn't have fray bentos though worst Sunday ever.

I saw Coldplay live once, it was when Parachutes had come out but it hadn’t gained much momentum. I remember saying to my friend how boring they were and “jaysus, they won’t go far”. Well, I was wrong about the going far bit.

In fairness it'd be Sainsbury's or ASDA. The colour scheme in Tesco has a bit too much contrast to it. Has been to ALDI once, didn't have fray bentos though worst Sunday ever.

They were all shopping in Waitrose since before they were famous.

Was I imagining it but at one time did thumped consider Snow Patrol "one of their own"? Pretty sure they were part of whatever the "scene" was back then. And, to me there is no difference between Coldplay and Snow Patrol, apart from marketing.

Was I imagining it but at one time did thumped consider Snow Patrol "one of their own"? Pretty sure they were part of whatever the "scene" was back then. And, to me there is no difference between Coldplay and Snow Patrol, apart from marketing.

I can't remember but am possibly guilty because they had one good tune about a million years ago

its an interesting one - when Snow Patrol started out round 98'/99' they had an air of the underground around them - on jeepster records etc. so there probably were some in these parts of the indie bedwetter disposition who liked them.

They did become more radio friendly as the years passed...

There's people who confuse sneacta patrol with cold play because they're not that into music generally.
Then there's others who confuse them because they like music a lot.

I think they're distinguishable. Was never into SP at all. At all.

its an interesting one - when Snow Patrol started out round 98'/99' they had an air of the underground around them - on jeepster records etc. so there probably were some in these parts of the indie bedwetter disposition who liked them.

They did become more radio friendly as the years passed...

I saw snow patrol a zillion years ago as the support act for sebadoh, which is about as canonically undergroundy/underachievery a position as it is possible for a band to be. thought they were shite then. I was right.

I saw snow patrol a zillion years ago as the support act for sebadoh, which is about as canonically undergroundy/underachievery a position as it is possible for a band to be. thought they were shite then. I was right.

yeah - I saw them support belle and Sebastian in the dim and distant past - can't remember much about them, but it was a shite gig overall.

I was told Snow Patrol was the result of a health and town ordinance rule. One time the usual lads turned up at a new venue and were accidentally assigned a slot on stage. They eventually realised they were making more money doing this new side job than the snow and slippery sidewalk checks, although for some time they did both.

a friend used to work in the national emergency coordination centre; her focus was extreme weather events. her nickname was snow patrol.

My mate used to run a snow ploughing business, and he had a good winter and ran out and bought a flashy car. He wanted to get a vanity license plate that said SNOW MONEY in some clever abbreviated form, until we pointed out "snow" was slang for cocaine. And coincidentally this lad was fond of the aul cocaine, if the cops ever did take the hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back