Unpopular Opinions (2 Viewers)

I dabbled in veganism, but I found the dietary constraints to be very tricky to pull off properly.

Turned out I wasn't able to handle the dietary aspects at all, so I gave up on them and focused on the other components of veganism that I found attractive, like giving out to people and standing just behind people in the meat department and whispering "murderer" into their ears.

I dabbled in veganism, but I found the dietary constraints to be very tricky to pull off properly.

Turned out I wasn't able to handle the dietary aspects at all, so I gave up on them and focused on the other components of veganism that I found attractive, like giving out to people and standing just behind people in the meat department and whispering "murderer" into their ears.
I've thought about veganism too but settled on veggie with almost no dairy. Like I really have fuck all of it, but cutting it out entirely would be hard and expensive. But I do have a whey protein shake after the gym and the odd slab of butter for the toast. Eggs maybe once a month, but thats about it.

i had been wondering how our neighbour, the local parish priest, could be a vegan, what with the whole transubstantiation thing. but someone explained to me it's about suffering. does that mean if you give an animal some really good drugs before killing it, it's OK?

i had been wondering how our neighbour, the local parish priest, could be a vegan, what with the whole transubstantiation thing. but someone explained to me it's about suffering. does that mean if you give an animal some really good drugs before killing it, it's OK?

It depends where he draws the line between the human and animal which in biblical terms would be a clear enough distinction. You can add a layer over that the possibly in his perception Jesus isn't human or animal either.

Jesus' whole deal was the suffering! but I suppose he signed up for it himself.

it goes back to the philosophical idea of accidental and substantial characteristics - the host retains the 'accidental' characteristics of bread and wine, but mystically acquires the substantial characteristics of the blood and body of christ.

so its the opposite of a veggie burger basically.

they don't call it the mystery of the eucharist for nothing..

probably mentioned it here before, but i mentioned this in passing to my mother a couple of years ago. she did a double take, not knowing what i meant by it; and i mentioned transsubstantiation to her.
she had no idea what i was talking about, and when i explained it her response was 'we don't believe *that*. it's purely symbolic', and refused to believe what i was telling her about transsubstantiation.

she clearly wasn't paying attention during first communion in ca. 1954. and ever since.

and roadkill would also be vegetarian, as you're eating an already dead animal.
maybe we could set up farms where animals are not killed, but allowed die of old age, and then eaten?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back