Unpopular Opinions (4 Viewers)

Vegans are strictly not into animal stuff right? vegetarians have varying lines they will self establish which may include eggs and dairy and whatever the fuck is in gummy bears etc etc etc. It's the one niche part of the animal where it pretty much is going to landfill or getting fed to the chickens otherwise.

Why should vegetarians be responsible for the waste from people eating meat? Surely the onus there should be on the meat eaters to eat the rest of the animals they choose to eat.

Ps the stuff is gelatin and there's a huge range of gelatin free gummys available these days.

Why should vegetarians be responsible for the waste from people eating meat? Surely the onus there should be on the meat eaters to eat the rest of the animals they choose to eat.

Ps the stuff is gelatin and there's a huge range of gelatin free gummys available these days.

There is a pretty large gulf between sending the responsibility to vegetarians like I decree that all veggies must eat a certain weight of black/white pudding per day, and saying it's a viable inclusion in the wide spectrum of levels of not eating meat that encompass vegetarians, and the latter is what i'm saying. Vegetarians are not vegan.

Soy milk involved the murder and possible extinction of a load of stuff which about 15% of which is dairy alternatives. Then someone posts the palm oil infographics.... Like i'm not saying it's fucking class that there is leftover pig that died for someone's hangover which is a huge slice of that market in ireland that you can either throw away or eat, but vegetarians are a diet minority so the byproducts are gonna be about for another few years. If we got to a good place with smallholder vegetable farming in ireland direct to the local market, a pig is actually a kinda biodiverse place to store all those leftover veg cuttings that dont make the shop.
if you compare the proportion of the world's soy crop, in terms of how much goes to soy milk, and how much goes to animal feed, the difference is a factor of 30 or 40.
soy milk production is one of the smallest consumers of soya; one fiftieth of the total output.

Global-soy-production-to-end-use-763x550.png

Soy milk involved the murder and possible extinction of a load of stuff which about 15% of which is dairy alternatives. Then someone posts the palm oil infographics.... Like i'm not saying it's fucking class that there is leftover pig that died for someone's hangover which is a huge slice of that market in ireland that you can either throw away or eat, but vegetarians are a diet minority so the byproducts are gonna be about for another few years. If we got to a good place with smallholder vegetable farming in ireland direct to the local market, a pig is actually a kinda biodiverse place to store all those leftover veg cuttings that dont make the shop.

Do you mean growing soy or the milk produced specifically? Approximately 77% of all soy produced is fed to animals and 2% is use for soy milk so seems a reach to blame soy milk for the murder and possible extinction of a load of stuff.

There is a pretty large gulf between sending the responsibility to vegetarians like I decree that all veggies must eat a certain weight of black/white pudding per day, and saying it's a viable inclusion in the wide spectrum of levels of not eating meat that encompass vegetarians, and the latter is what i'm saying. Vegetarians are not vegan.

Animal blood is not vegetarian. :)

Probably the thing that winds me up most is the perceived entitlement to fuck up certain things, because they're farmers and you don't understand.

The tap water here isn't categorized as drinkable, and has been for getting on towards a year. That's because farmers are just pouring shit into rivers and the water table.

Or the entitlement to shoot peregrines, or the entitlement to drill out the steps along the cliff into the sea. Etc etc.

Farmers (here?) seem to have a similar sort of vibe as cops did in the US. Laws don't apply to me, I'm the downtrodden one here, and I'm struggling. Now, I'm just off to poison this river with pigshit, and then park my tractor on the road here for the afternoon on the bend with the massive spikey bits sticking out. Talk to yiz later.

if you compare the proportion of the world's soy crop, in terms of how much goes to soy milk, and how much goes to animal feed, the difference is a factor of 30 or 40.
soy milk production is one of the smallest consumers of soya; one fiftieth of the total output.

View attachment 17007

Did you just edit your post to include the infographic from my link below it or pure coincidence aka first hit on google?

Animal blood is not vegetarian. :)

For some people it's meat specifically - by definintion it's meat is flesh. I have never experienced and will never experience a hard and fast definition of what a vegetarian diet is because in all reality people draw their own lines, or become vegan which is the point you are deftly avoiding so far :p. In practice you well know that there is a pretty fluid fluctuation in even personal definitions of it over time. I suggested that it can be included in the spectrum - and by recipie it's about 50% animal by-product (of an animal that eats vegetarian waste products largely) 50% vegetable, where in comparison an egg is 100% of a whole animal but also not meat.

Do you mean growing soy or the milk produced specifically? Approximately 77% of all soy produced is fed to animals and 2% is use for soy milk so seems a reach to blame soy milk for the murder and possible extinction of a load of stuff.

Wellll I suppose if you do that math that means that only an area about half the size of ireland (if the whole place was arable) is used for the soy milk which is totally fine and will have no impact on any animals. Of course the thing about habitat destruction is that typically 50% of the sorrounding habitat has a huge reduction in biodiversity too, and then of course the cursed palm oil.

AND I know it's not apples for apples and ye's have dug the heels in now and backtracking isn't any craic at all but if there was one part of an animal that isn't clothes or lipstick or a football that is going to be produced in ireland constantly and either thrown away or eaten, it's really not far off an egg.

For some people it's meat specifically - by definintion it's meat is flesh. I have never experienced and will never experience a hard and fast definition of what a vegetarian diet is because in all reality people draw their own lines, or become vegan which is the point you are deftly avoiding so far :p. In practice you well know that there is a pretty fluid fluctuation in even personal definitions of it over time. I suggested that it can be included in the spectrum - and by recipie it's about 50% animal by-product (of an animal that eats vegetarian waste products largely) 50% vegetable, where in comparison an egg is 100% of a whole animal but also not meat.

Wellll I suppose if you do that math that means that only an area about half the size of ireland (if the whole place was arable) is used for the soy milk which is totally fine and will have no impact on any animals. Of course the thing about habitat destruction is that typically 50% of the sorrounding habitat has a huge reduction in biodiversity too, and then of course the cursed palm oil.

AND I know it's not apples for apples and ye's have dug the heels in now and backtracking isn't any craic at all but if there was one part of an animal that isn't clothes or lipstick or a football that is going to be produced in ireland constantly and either thrown away or eaten, it's really not far off an egg.

Someone above already gave you the common definition of vegetarianism. Basically the animal doesn't have to be killed for milk and eggs so they're vegetarian. Gelatin and blood are not vegetarian as they involve killing the animal. People who eat gelatin are not vegetarian but one can't stop them claiming they are.

Following on from what you've said so far a chicken is even closer to an egg so vegetarians may as well eat chicken.

I haven't responded to your mention of veganism as I don't see much relevance to the discussion on whether vegetarians should consume an animals blood.

Now if someone was to suggest that omnivores should eat more byproducts of meat production than I'd fully agree. Be it offal, blood, liver whatever.

Which reminds me I haven't had any liver outside of pate in way too long. Must fix that.

Someone above already gave you the common definition of vegetarianism. Basically the animal doesn't have to be killed for milk and eggs so they're vegetarian.

No they didn't

1683046586156.png

1683046642699.png
1683046677664.png

At very best what can be sourced to be a common definition tends to refer to meat specifically. Also how the fuck do you make eggs exactly?

No they didn't

View attachment 17008

View attachment 17009
View attachment 17010

At very best what can be sourced to be a common definition tends to refer to meat specifically. Also how the fuck do you make eggs exactly?

All of three of those definitions are pretty similar in that eggs and milk would be included in what they can eat. One could argue that blood and fat aren't meat but I'm not gonna get into that one with ya any more than I have. It's an age old suggestion and I've never met a vegetarian who thought either were vegetarian so I'm happy with my initial statement.

You don't make eggs, chickens do, by fucking I think. The chicken doesn't die as part of the egg laying.

Did you just edit your post to include the infographic from my link below it or pure coincidence aka first hit on google?
the most efficient (i.e. least inefficient) way of converting feed to meat is with chickens; in terms of calories, you get 20-25% output in chicken meat, compared to the 100% input of feed.

so to deliver the same number of calories to humans on the assumption that all soy animal feed is going to poultry, would more than halve the total soy crop worldwide, for the same calories out. and that's based on a calculation that it all goes to chickens, so the drop would be even greater if you included pork and beef too.

obviously, animals can convert food in to more than just calories, it's not a simple swap in that sense.

I general terms i wish to redact my post from the unpopular opinions thread.

On examination of the terms 'vegetarian' and 'meat' for the sake of conversation i've come to the conclusion that while being definitley 'unpopular', the concept that black and white pudding fits in the general definitions of vegetarian isn't actually an 'opinion' and the post is therefore in the wrong thread.

Move it to the 'facts that people will argue with using popular opinions over evidence' thread :p

On the topic of chickens and soy and animals at large, they don't really eat that in Ireland. Mostly people drink it here.

On the topic of an egg being a whole animal, the parent chickens are given no input in the decision to interupt the brooding process so it is unknown at present which eggs would have been cast aside by the chickens and which they would sit on but assuming 0% of eggs being brought to chick stage by the parents would be niave and also would wipe out the global chicken population in a number of years so in conclusion being generous 1 in every 24 pack of eggs is actually a whole animal.

I don't really care what people eat outside it's environmental impact really - obviously generally that puts vegetarian farms right to the fore - but then on the other hand there is a % of land that is pretty much useless for crops but workable for animals and a lot that land is in the west of Ireland where I live.

On supermarkets - I'd love if they were laid out like a big plate with 1/4 being the protien department, 1/2 fruit and veg and 1/4 grains so walking at a solid pace and picking up an item at regular intervals would constitute a balanced diet.

one question i can never seem to find the answer to - is what is the average output of a sheep farm on hilly marginal land?
as you mention, there's not much else it can be put to for food based agriculture (i.e. not counting forestry based agriculture).

And also, yes, the meat eaters should have to drink the blood. It's meat juice. The other argument is silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back