Twing Twing Twing *** (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Dan
And while I'm on a rant, I was sitting across from a bunch of student teachers on the train yesterday. Talking about going to the Qbar and so and so's boyfriend whos actually very nice, but you wouldn't think it cos he looks like a weirdo cos he has long hair and I'd generally avoid people like, cos they're strange + much other narrow minded bullshit + robbie williams cd swapping. These are what are teaching the next generation......my kids are going to be thought by these shitheads?????? :confused:

Sorry, Coraline, you're an obvious exception to this and maybe I just got a bad bunch...

its really scary though, some of them really are simpering vacuous airheads whose idea of going to a gig would be rod stewart in lansdowne road or texas if they are being wild and they read nothing but marian keyes and cathy kelly.....

shudder

dan i'll teach your kids ;)

I got an ad banned once, complained about it to the advertising standards authority and hey presto it disappeared. Gave me a great feeling of satisfaction

... actually it'd probably be pretty easy to get the Smirnoff Ice ads banned too - anything giving the impression that booze makes it more likely you'll get laid, or even just associating booze with sex, is on dodgy ground

Its funny this came up, because I was going to start a thread about peopes opinions on banning drink ads on tv after a few of us were talking about it in the canteen one day.

Personally I'd be in favour of it. It'd be no loss to be honest. I think drink advertising tends to promote a culture, usually a yob culture, and to drink their product is promoted as being a part of that culture. Like smirnoff ice, wkd, bacardi, etc. All advertised by showing people behaving like assholes. And when you see people coming out of these superpubs, the advertising seems to be working.

ah now, hang on just a wee minute... sex is strongly connected with booze for those of us who ain't married like... and the ads is funny... come on, everyone knows boys is stupid and they can't cook or do washing and would fuck anything with a pulse, the ads are accurate in today's muddled up world. like, if you want ads like this to stop appearing, go on the town of a friday or saturday night with a megaphone and scream "boys, nay men, listen up ... don't believe the hype ... you can cook and if you can't, you can learn! give up your pursuit of easy sex and her cooking you breakfast in the morning... it will only lead to emptyness and the crying in the beer..." then lads will stop acting like they do and it won't make sense for ad agencies to produce those kind of ads. but that'd mean i'd have to go back to shouting at the telly constantly when the ads is on instead of getting the odd chuckle... :(

No man, thats not what I mean at all.... guys are always going to be like you say and I don't find the ads offensive either. Its real hard to put what I'm trying to say into words. Theirs a type of drinking culture thats developed in the last few years that wasn't there and I think its developed throught the advertising campaigns of some of these drinks companies(plus loads of other things). I know wanting to ban drink ads comes across all granny-like, don't get me wrong, theres people here well know I'm way to fond of drink, but not in the go-out and drink my smirnoff ice, stagger out of the superpub, beat the shit out of someone on the way home and be proud to have been a wanker way.

Plus I don't find these ads funny....there shite

happy says:
that twing twing twing post is bringing the nazis out

Fred Flintstone says:
isn't it buh

happy says:
cunts

Fred Flintstone says:
sarah says last night while we were giving out about the ad, imagine how many people are sitting at home thinking the same thing...

Fred Flintstone says:
all cunts

happy says:
all married and all, want any idea of temptation out of their wives' heads

Fred Flintstone says:
yeah, saps

happy says:
jaesus... it's an ad like, ads reflect society, market research etc

happy says:
livin in dream land

Fred Flintstone says:
and the day they're out with the mot and she goes, i'll have a smirry ice and he looks at her and the penny drops.

happy says:
yeah, his world shatters into a million pieces ... "oh shit, she's been thinking about having sex with other men..." he barges up to the bar and starts screaming at the barman... "YOU'VE TURNED MY WIFE INTO A WHORE, I'M GUNNA KILL YOU!!!"

happy says:
ha ha ha

Fred Flintstone says:
ah yeah

happy says:
like, if yer lady or yer fella, if theys got a mind to drink smirnoff ice, there ain't nuthin you can do about it ... except drink it yourself too

happy says:
you hearin me?

Fred Flintstone says:
i'm hearing ye

happy says:
it's like the temptation island. it's a DUH like, like people actually go on it thinking it's a good idea, thinking it will strengthen their relationship...

Fred Flintstone says:
you know the only way to get back at the one for that kinda carry on, is to do it yourself. not that you get hurt cos she's on the pull, rather you get jealous cos you're not

happy says:
you know what the bar on temptation island serves?

happy says:
smirnoff fucking ice mate ... on draught

Fred Flintstone says:
hee hee hee

Fred Flintstone says:
a few pints o guinness and you couldn't ride anything.

happy says:
!!!

Fred Flintstone says:
just saying, when yer out looking for a woman, make sure she likes her guinness

Fred Flintstone says:
except after a few years it all goes straight to her arse

Fred Flintstone says:
then *you're* on teh smirry ice.

happy says:
ha ha ha ha

happy says:
you're some bipsy

A little known fact....

Quakers own Smirnoff.... they're promoting bigamy... or Mormon Hold-dom

Have you heard that radio ad where the bloke is thinking his girly 'doesn't understand his alcohol monogamy. She has no morals and thinks I'd do the dirt on my Guinness'.
Then he says "maybe *we* shouldn't have a Christmas party after all."
I'm sure that ties in with this nonsense in some stupid way.

Let's get that banned cos it annoys me.
Guinness are cunts.
Manipulative fish guts brewing bastards.

Originally posted by happy
ah now, hang on just a wee minute... sex is strongly connected with booze for those of us who ain't married like... and the ads is funny... come on, everyone knows boys is stupid and they can't cook or do washing and would fuck anything with a pulse, the ads are accurate in today's muddled up world. like, if

but where did it start?

Did the ads tell the boys to be wankers, or did the ad agencies look around see wankers everywhere and decide to put them in their ads?

these trends... it's whatever seems cool like. they went out, found whoever was having the most fun, tried to marry this group with a bunch of people who had a decent disposable income, and studied what they were doing... like single males, with oh, i don't know, boring computer jobs who live for fucking themselves up at the weekend... here pantone, fancy a pint of ice? my shout ... SoSuMe, 8:00 this evening, and obviously, anyone can get off with us after...

Originally posted by Pantone247
but where did it start?

Did the ads tell the boys to be wankers, or did the ad agencies look around see wankers everywhere and decide to put them in their ads?

oh now you've done it. that ad FUCK FUCK FUCK... makes me wanna find that prick and kill his face off and all his extended family... it's so much more offencive, much more insulting than the booze ads, this guy, JESUS, where do i start? at the end where he says "... if you know what i mean" and smirks.... JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! WHERE IS HE? HE'S FUCKING DEAD! DEAD DEAD DEAD ... if you know what i mean...

Bring back ads which had songs with them....

"Drive a Nissan... [hushed]nissan[/hushed]... it's good for you... it's good for you and you and youou... NISSAN!"

"A Mars a day makes you work, rest and play" (Basis of a great Undertones song)...

"If you're not gay, you'd join the IRA
It's loads of fun,
Because you get to use a gun"

he is one smug cunt alright
never mind buh, all that butter will soon clog his arteries and he'll die of a massive coronary, and have the fucking Waterboys played at his funeral

Originally posted by billygannon
Bring back ads which had songs with them....

What about the Ambrosia (creamed rice, custurd etc) ad that goes...

"oh ah for ambrosia, oh ah for ambrosia"

bleedin rapid.

p.s. Kirstie thats your best picture yet.

P.P.S. THE BIG 500 yeah!

yeah, I'm looking pretty sharp at the moment, this is true
just had a perm, see

Originally posted by happy
here pantone, fancy a pint of ice? my shout ... SoSuMe, 8:00 this evening, and obviously, anyone can get off with us after...

make mine a Smirnoff BLACK Ice!

Can we go out and act like utter pricks all over the gaff, treat some stunning looking women like objects, play some unfunny pranks on each other and then sneak in well late to our equally stunning live in lovers at our repective trendy bachelor pads won't know we've been up to no good.

aces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back