True Detective Season 2 (4 Viewers)

People have their expectations. I saw one person on twitter saying that the opening scene seemed to be referencing Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian because of the red sky.

On that same note: here is Disney's the Lion King meditating on Blood Meridian, the Evening Redness in the West

the-lion-king-1.jpg
I always thought of that as an allegory for the slaughter of indians

Well I thought that was excellent! Less southern gothic, more hard boiled LA noir. Looks great, Farrell's deadly in it and they've definitely managed to retain some of the weirdness. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Exactly what I thought except maybe I'd exchange "good" for "excellent". I love the noir vibe and music, thought some of the dialogue scenes and editing could have done with a touch more breathing space and not felt so much like they were just getting through it.
Farrell's character and his acting is the standout for me! He's really fucking good in this! Him and W Earl Brown make for terrific grimey partners.

I think Tv "critics" just don't have the balls to exit the pack and say that they actually like it! Critics always conspire to go along with the general conscensus. Anyway all that shit is just noise.....

I don't see it as that much of a change of style at all. It's a different cast and different setting but everyone knew that. It's still got the weird occult stuff creeping in, secret societies/cults, murder etc
Yeah exactly!
I wonder was Pizza Latte just being coy regarding him dropping the "secret occult history of the american transportation systems". It all seems good and weird to me anyway!

Yeah exactly!
I wonder was Pizza Latte just being coy regarding him dropping the "secret occult history of the american transportation systems". It all seems good and weird to me anyway!
Yep - cults, mysterious symbols, eyeless corpses, deviant politicians, scary fathers, decaying industrial towns. All good n weird enough for me!

I love that people are really enjoying this and poring over scenes for clues and shit already. A big V sign to the stuffy old TV critics.
I thought the tv critics are young and dumb. I kind of love that they cut down on all the nudity and left Rachel McAdams characters' bedroom preferences ambiguous. A total fuck you to all the "think piece" writers seeking attention and writing for the sake of writing.

I think my favorite weird images was that weird skeleton with the gold crown and the lady in the bowl of milk. Seriously how the fuck are critics saying it's "just a cop show"!
There's been about as much weird shit so far, possibly even more, as there was in season one at this point. They have seen the first 3 episodes though......

I thought the tv critics are young and dumb. I kind of love that they cut down on all the nudity and left Rachel McAdams characters' bedroom preferences ambiguous. A total fuck you to all the "think piece" writers seeking attention and writing for the sake of writing.

I think my favorite weird images was that weird skeleton with the gold crown and the lady in the bowl of milk. Seriously how the fuck are critics saying it's "just a cop show"!
There's been about as much weird shit so far, possibly even more, as there was in season one at this point. They have seen the first 3 episodes though......
Young or old, they suck.

The lady in the milk thing threw me. What the hell was that?

Guys, guys. All the good writers are keeping quiet because they're not morons.

All i'm saying is, i'm waiting for Emily Nussbaum to write about it!

Weirdest bit was when Colin Farrell thinks someone shit in his son’s shoes.

Normal Step-Dad: "They took his shoes out of his gym locker!"

Colin Farrell: "And what? What?! Shit in 'em?!"

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

I think i might have to watch it again. Had forgotten about half of the stuff just mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back