Tortoise (1 Viewer)

baseball fury

Since 2000
Hardly surprising really, but Tortoise will be playing in Dublin - promoted by MCD, natch - around the time of their All tomorrows parties fest in march/april.

and at the bargain price of approximately what it now costs to adopt a Chinese orphan child, fly it to Ireland, feed it, clothe it for its first 21 odd years and send it to college, no doubt.

Good news. I've adopted Tortoise and am currently feeding them on a diet of rice and beer-nuts, and I've persuaded a band of Chinese children to come over here and play selected songs from Tortoise's first album. The price of the tickets will be exorbitant, but if you'd like to rent one of the members of Tortoise, I'll throw in David Pajo's band 'Papa M' absolutely free.

Just go to All TYomorrow's Parties instead and go on strike against MCD. And make sure you bring some drugs, because none of the bands have them there, because they're all too old and have loads of babies.

anyone know where they're playing? apart from the obvious mcd exploitation it should be a good night. lets pray that TRM get support so we can all scab guestlist places and avoid lining mcds pockets. go team redneck!! go team redneck!!

who says TRM would play the gig if they were offered it? there are *some* people out there who still have ethics, y'know...

Not us though...
Who cares about those fucking dull Chicago losers. Who's going to make Television play here? I would pay the price of importing an abyssinian wire haired terrier to see them. Damien, they haven't released a major label LP in 8 years. Give them a break, eh?

As soon as I saw Derek Byrne back on the scene over christmas i just knew that there was gonna be trouble........

8? I thought it was closer to 20..

joss, why don't you come out of retirement and do it?

the tortoise tickets are 'only' 17.50 each, though..
and no, i'm not mentioning where or when it is. (see other thread for reasons why.. heh.)

almost 20 years to the day since i saw them and stereolob in the olympia. what a show that was...

That's got to be in the top 5 "could have been but weren't at" for me... And I've been hearing about how great it was from mates ever since!

stands out as the best show i was ever at. i've probably seen shows as good since, but this one was the first on that level, and it really had a huge impact.

>could have been but weren't at

i could have seen neil young at slane in '93. had a ticket, but skipped off abroad for the summer instead, a week before it. never had much enthusiasm for seeing him after that because it felt like it would never be as good as the one i missed. same sentiment about not being let go to u2 in croke part in 1987.

stands out as the best show i was ever at. i've probably seen shows as good since, but this one was the first on that level, and it really had a huge impact.

i lucked into seeing them in london in january ...95? there for a few days, we checked time out and i saw mention of this band i'd heard of but not heard. support was the sea and cake. tsac opened with jacking the ball, tortoise with gamera - two big moments in my gig-going history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back