Tony Blair vs Ireland (3 Viewers)

That was depressing. I don't get why we can't play football on the road too. We have better ball players than the Scots. So why do we choose to get involved in a game of garreyowens and head tennis. It just nullifies Long, Coleman, Hendrick who can all play. No point in picking them if Ward's just going to lump it down to Walter's head every time get gets the ball. We're grand when we don't have the ball but we've got play with a bit more control and patience when we have it.

If we manage to beat Poland it'll be a 4 way tie at the top at the halfway point. I think anything less than that and we're out of the running.

This is also fun - the San Marino lads celebrating like they'd won the cup after they got a draw with Estonia (this is following 61 straight Euro qualifying defeats):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like 4-3-3 versus the States.. Christie and McGoldrick start, also the return of Shay Given:
Code:
                 Given
Meyler (c)   Pearce   Clark   Christie
  Pilkington      Quinn       Brady
  Stokes      Murphy    McGoldrick
Or it could be 4-4-2 with Brady at left full & Meyler in the middle. A bit of positive attacking football to give us some vague optimism would be good.. don't worry I'm not taking time off to watch this so we'll win.

Well if that's the approach we take at home in the qualifiers I will be VERY happy. Brady was really great - he has to play on the left, and what a peach of a goal. Fair dues to MON for trying it. Christie looked good and played well, as did McGoldrick. Two lovely assists in a debut is a good start. What the hell is Given wasting his time as Villa for? He's still a useful keeper. Fucking Long's burst was classic when he came on.
Meyler, on the other hand, had a bit of a turkey!
Obviously Poland will be a whole different kettle of fish, but if we take that approach to the game I'd have few complaints.

Yeah looking forward to watching it later, sounded quite encouraging.. Cunning move disguising the team in an old England strip, the Yanks mustn't have known who they were playing. If Brady could take the left back spot that's one big plus, if it was even just for his dead ball deliveries. McGoldrick and Christie seem to have done well. The Scots lost 3-1, would normally be rooting for them in that fixture but it mightn't be bad for us for the wind to be taken out of their sails a bit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back