Tony Blair vs Ireland (1 Viewer)

Stephen Quinn isn't much cop, really, is he? I'd prefer Whelan. A half fit Whelan.

But I like the look of that Hendrick lad, and these cunts aren't great, so why not play against them. No point being reactive.

My boss is from Belfast and used to be married to Mal Donaghy's brother. Mal won 91 caps for the Occupied Six. The separation was on good terms and she's only too happy to discuss Mal thus far.

I asked her which Ireland she'd be cheering for tonight.

I had no idea what way she'd answer.

"There's only one Ireland", she snorted, "and hopefully we beat Scotland tonight".

I loved it.

I'd prefer we play our best players, which is Gibson and Hendrick. A bit more guile about us. Me and Kerr have the same formation for the win!

MON agrees with our team too - Long starts!!!

FAI (@FAIreland) | Twitter

: Forde, Coleman, O'Shea (C), Keogh, Ward, McGeady, hendrick, Gibson, McClean, Long, Walters

Fionn_mac_Cumhaill_by_PaganXiii.jpg

A bit grim altogether.. Scotland deserved it, more positive than us, used possession better & closed down quicker. Way too much long ball from Ireland, it looked like we were hoping for a draw from the outset. The resounding Poland victory looks ominous, it already looks like a dogfight between us and Scotland for third and Scotland have the momentum now. Feck it anyway. On a side note, the last three times I've taken the afternoon off work to watch Ireland games have been ireland 1 - Sweden 2, Scotland 1 - Ireland 0 and Croatia 3 - Ireland 1..

A bit grim altogether.. Scotland deserved it, more positive than us, used possession better & closed down quicker. Way too much long ball from Ireland, it looked like we were hoping for a draw from the outset. The resounding Poland victory looks ominous, it already looks like a dogfight between us and Scotland for third and Scotland have the momentum now. Feck it anyway. On a side note, the last three times I've taken the afternoon off work to watch Ireland games have been ireland 1 - Sweden 2, Scotland 1 - Ireland 0 and Croatia 3 - Ireland 1..

Any chance you'd stay in fuckin work??

We were shite in that match. The goal kind of says it all, two or three players totally switched off from the set-piece, and boom, short corner goal.
I think that was kind of the story throughout, a real lack of focus from us that eventually cost us the game. Yet again, when we went 1-0 down is the point where we actually started trying to get into the game.

HAVING SAID THAT - Scotland were fucking lucky and we got fucked a bit by the referee, BECAUSE that Scottish centre back should have been off the pitch after 15 minutes, first for stopping Long in a last man back situation, which he did get booked for, and then for elbowing Forde in the head in a challenge which, looking at the reply, realistically was a straight red in itself, and which the ref only gave a free kick for.
I think that ref tonight totally fucking bottled it and it's cost us the game to an extent - BUT that doesn't excuse us being shite.

Gibbons looked to play some good football but isn't match fit, Hendricks was out of his depth and needs a lot more experience to be able to perform at that level, and I think either one of Long and Walters needed to drop back more often and help the midfield out, and didn't. As a result we lost the game in midfield and started hitting stupid long balls up to nobody. I think we'd have been much better with Meyler starting in midfield alongside Gibbons.

Having watched the RTE studio post-match stuff, Brady's right in that the worrying thing is there's still no real sign of how O'Neill wants to team to play after 4 competitive games.. It's essentially been continuity Trap with a slight fraction more positvity in terms of selections and ball usage. The points total so far is okay but there's been little to suggest we can actually beat Poland, or Scotland at home even. I'm hoping that O'Neill is just one of those managers who has an away plan and a home one and that we get to see the team actually go for it in Lansdowne Road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back