Tom Waits for Dublin (1 Viewer)

The European tour has yet to be fully confirmed though. I reckon they'll be on sale pretty soon alright.

Mrs. egg_ is due to give birth on August 1st.
Ah well. I suppose that'll save me agonising over whether I can afford tickets

But the gigs are on the 30th and 31st! I'm sure if you sat down and explained it to the bump that it's Tom Waits playing, and not just any old fella, th'baba will understand and come out at as expected on the 1st.

Worth a shot anyway.

Mrs. egg_ is due to give birth on August 1st.
Ah well. I suppose that'll save me agonising over whether I can afford tickets

Ask her if she can stall it for a week?

But the gigs are on the 30th and 31st! I'm sure if you sat down and explained it to the bump that it's Tom Waits playing, and not just any old fella, th'baba will understand and come out at as expected on the 1st.

Worth a shot anyway.

It'd be the greatest story you'll ever have if Mrs. Egg goes into labour at a Tom Waits gig. Fuck I'd say Tom'd even drive the ambulance for ya.

Next Friday, crap going to Battles the night before, i was planning boozing the night away and on calling in sick friday. Hopefully no one from work will see me in the queue so!

I just don't know how I feel about spending €165 to see Tom Waits in a tent that'll be full of people who'll spend €165 on a gig ticket.

The point is that needaticket.ie is a site where people can sell on tickets at inflated prices, cyber-scalpers if you will. Weird thing is how they have tickets for sale on it already without them having officially gone on sale.

this was on the blogs on Anti records -

“In keeping with Waits’ longtime desire to allow fans the best possible access to his shows, the Waits’ organization is again implementing an anti-scalping program to assure patrons that their tickets can only be purchased at face value (plus normal surcharges and handling fees). At the majority of shows on this tour, Ticketmaster is introducing their Paperless Ticket™ system. Prior to entering the venue, fans must simply provide their credit card which was used to purchase the tickets, along with a government issued ID. The fan’s accompanying guest must be present at that time. An attendant will swipe the credit card and provide a receipt for the transaction. The entire process is quick, secure and simple. Tickets will only be sold via the internet and by phone and are limited to two per person.”

Wonder will it operate this way for Europe dates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back