Tom Waits for Dublin (2 Viewers)

not the most ideal venue but it means there's an actual chance folks will be able to get tickets

ah yes because if you manage to get a ticket to this gig you're going to be looking around saying "this is a great venue, look at the effort they went to with the draping and the plastic seats...";)

its a shit venue. Basically, its the electric arena tent from Electric Picnic (not exactly, but its about the same)

and, the marquees are set up by you know who (while the Point is out of commission), so this thread will be short-lived.

I'll still go I reckon. Though I am getting sick of paying 100+ euro for gigs. This might be about the last exception.

And if they really are that steep I reckon they'll struggle to sell 2 nights. The skinny jeans indie kids ain't listening to Tom Waits these times, and they certainly wouldn't be paying them sorts of yo-yo.

I reckon the older music sophisticats will have the extent of the funds they have available to divert from their mortgage payments and the money they need to put their little angels through private schooling, exhausted by having forked out for Leonard Cohen.

Can't wait! And when I turned 25 in November my Mum gave me ticket stub from when she saw him in the 70s telling me that it looks like it would be unlikely that I would get the chance to see him.

Haha Mum! Who's laughing now?!

Can't wait! And when I turned 25 in November my Mum gave me ticket stub from when she saw him in the 70s telling me that it looks like it would be unlikely that I would get the chance to see him.

Haha Mum! Who's laughing now?!
you know you have to get her a ticket now too though, right?

its a shit venue. Basically, its the electric arena tent from Electric Picnic (not exactly, but its about the same)

and, the marquees are set up by you know who (while the Point is out of commission), so this thread will be short-lived.

This is an Aiken show so i'm assuming it's the same tent they use for the Cork Live at the Marquee gigs. Aint the best but fuck it, it's better than nothing.

this is from Anti Records -
Tickets for all markets are due to go on sale Friday, May 16th. Check local venues and Ticketmaster for specific start times. Tickets will be available via the internet and by phone.

This is an Aiken show so i'm assuming it's the same tent they use for the Cork Live at the Marquee gigs. Aint the best but fuck it, it's better than nothing.

excellent, it'll probably be way better than at those marquee gigs last year then. They were crap. Or at least the one that I went to was crap, mostly cos of the venue.

But yes, better than nothing.

Short of being guaranteed a ticket for his 'upstairs at Whelans' show, this is the next best thing!

ah yes because if you manage to get a ticket to this gig you're going to be looking around saying "this is a great venue, look at the effort they went to with the draping and the plastic seats...";)

paul paul paul. you must know by now that drapes make or break and event/life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back