Tom Waits for Dublin (3 Viewers)

He should have made the tickets more affordable. He's off my list! Screw him and all going! Bitter, bitter, bitter.

Ah it's the promoter. The tickets were only E28 for the Prague show. It was cheaper to fly there and back than see him than here.

Still going Friday, mind.

Ah, now here. Would you LOOK at the state of the seats. €130 for folding plastic chairs? I think not.

waitsseats.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up RTÉ! Glad I'm not going now!

Friend of mine rang me at half seven. He was raging that his seats were way off to the immediate right and he couldn't fully see the stage. Considering the ticket price you'd expect better.

Ah, now here. Would you LOOK at the state of the seats. €130 for folding plastic chairs? I think not.

View attachment 5219

Thanks for the heads-up RTÉ! Glad I'm not going now!

Okay, making me feel slightly better. Now he just better not play; Please Call Me Baby or All the World is Green and I'll be a lot less bitter. Still bitter, mind you, just a little less.

Anyone looking for a ticket for tomorrow nights gig (thursday) PM me, its a premium seat so its €130. My girlfriend cant make it, so i`ll be there with ID and stuff.
Thanks

Me

You would imagine Waits would have brought his own tent for that money, not the same yellow and blue yoke that was the 2nd stage at Midlands, the 2nd stage at Lovebox, some tent at the Picnic and the Kilmainham tent last year for that thing with the tinfoil and a few bands whose names I can't remember.

You would imagine Waits would have brought his own tent for that money, not the same yellow and blue yoke that was the 2nd stage at Midlands, the 2nd stage at Lovebox, some tent at the Picnic and the Kilmainham tent last year for that thing with the tinfoil and a few bands whose names I can't remember.

Sounds like Aikens didnt deliver an aul' ticket for the man from The Westmeath Examiner

Was it a good show?

yeah, it was sensational.

I thought the sound was a big muddy at the start, not much clarity in the vocals, but it got better as the show went on. Pure showman. Halfway through the set he played 3 songs on the piano which were lovely. Only really started getting into Waits a few months back, so wasnt familiar with some of the material but it didnt matter, I was totally engrossed in it.

Funny fucker too - made a joke that Dublin has changed since he was last here, it is no longer allowoed to have a smoking monkey. That man just oozes class. Going again tonight!

No hassles with ID or any of that jazz - getting in was no different to any other concert, and Peter Aiken himself close by the gates, presumably making sure everything went smoothly.

Top night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back