Tom Waits for Dublin (2 Viewers)

Friend of mine has tickets for Waits on Thursday and has to go to Mexico for work on Wednesday - admittedly not the worst reason to miss the gig, but...

Ticketb*st*rd say they can only honour tickets for someone with the same surname - and it's quite an uncommon surname...

Has anyone had any luck changing names on tickets with Aitken? Anyone out there with the surname Ní Cheallaigh who would like to go to Tom Waits?

Found this on State.ie

Public info for those attending the Tom Waits shows in in The Ratcellar, Phoenix Park this Wednesday 30th July, Thursday 31st July and Friday 1st August 2008.
Gates for all shows 6.30pm, Show at 8pm.
The concert will take place in a tented structure in the environs of the ‘Visitor Centre’.
Traffic Planning

Parking of vehicles will be permitted in the Phoenix Park on the following roads:

• Chesterfield Avenue - Mountjoy Cross to Phoenix Monument.
  • Chesterfield Avenue - Gough Roundabout to Phoenix Monument.
  • Furze Road
  • Papal Cross
  • Zoo Car Park
Ticket security

• Please arrive early – show starts 8pm
  • Patrons are requested to be in the concert arena 30 minutes prior to show time.
  • Note the position of all emergency exits and first aid. Move slowly around the venue, particularly entering and exiting.
  • Note that parking for disabled patrons will be available on Chesterfield Avenue adjacent to the venue entrance
  • Please switch off mobile phones and blackberry’s when entering the venue
  • A Valid I.D (Passport or driving licence) matching the name on the ticket is required at entry to venue.
  • All Tickets will be Scanned for validation on entry to the show
  • Any Tickets resold will be refused entry to the venue
  • Only Tickets purchased from Official Ticketmaster outlets will be valid
  • No resale allowed under any circumstances

• DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM UNOFFICIAL SOURCES.
  • Please refrain from using mobile phones, blackberry’s and any mobile electronic devises during the show
  • Please refrain from using any cameras during the show

I'd say its around 25 min walk from there, they were putting the tent up or some tent up over the weekend in the park which i say is it.

anyone notice the editor's note in this old blurb:

“I have a stellar band: Larry Taylor (*editor note: due to a family emergency, upright bass player Larry Taylor was unable to join the tour and was subsequently replaced by Seth Ford-Young), Patrick Warren (keyboards), Omar Torrez (guitars), Vincent Henry (woodwinds) and Casey Waits (drums and percussion)”, says Waits. “They play with racecar precision and they are all true conjurers. I’m doing songs with them I’ve never attempted outside the studio. They are all multi-instrumentalists and they polka like real men.”

seth-ford young anyone?... larry taylor was one of the main constants... no marc ribot either...

NPR Music will tomorrow (Tuesday) begin hosting Wait’s full 2.5 hour performance at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta on July 5th. It’ll be available both as a stream and as a download and features "songs [Waits] has never played outside a studio," including "Hoist that Rag", "Anywhere I Lay My Head", "All the World Is Green", and "Hold On".

NPR Music will tomorrow (Tuesday) begin hosting Wait’s full 2.5 hour performance at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta on July 5th. It’ll be available both as a stream and as a download and features "songs [Waits] has never played outside a studio," including "Hoist that Rag", "Anywhere I Lay My Head", "All the World Is Green", and "Hold On".

He was doing that on his last tour.

I cycled by the "Ratcellar" this morning - looks way cool...pretty darn big and like a circus big top.
Getting excited now!!!!

honest to goodness...

how to piss you off?... put tickets back on sale for all three nights in MUCH better seats than the ones you bought 5 minutes after they went on sale labelled 'best available'...

Fuckers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back